Liven up your meals with these delicious Mexican stuffed zucchini boats. Loaded with seasoned beef, beans and veggies, they’re packed full of flavor and so easy to make!
Beef Stuffed Zucchini
If you are stuck in a bit of a dinner rut, you have to give these Mexican stuffed zucchini boats a go this week!
Perfect to serve up for a healthy meal that the whole family will love, and they’re a breeze to make!
Why you’ll love this Stuffed Zucchini recipe:
- HEALTHY: Made with fresh veggies and natural ingredients, these zucchini boats are high in protein and a great way to get the goodness in.
- GREAT FAMILY MEAL: This is a great dinner recipe for kids and parents alike. Everyone will love the bright Mexican flavors, and you’ll love all the healthy ingredients!
- MAKE AHEAD: Prep these beauties ahead of time to make dinner time a breeze!
How to make Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Hollow out the zucchini halves.
- Brown the beef in a skillet.
- Add the onions, peppers and garlic and cook until soft.
- Mix in the beans, corn and spices,
- Add the salsa and shredded cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the zucchinis and bake.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These Mexican stuffed zucchini boats are great to make ahead. You can make the beef filling 2 or 3 days ahead of time and keep it covered in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
It’s best not to cut and fill the zucchini more than a day ahead of time, or they can start to brown.
How do you reheat them?
Cooked zucchini boats will keep well in the fridge for a couple of days. You can quickly heat them through in the microwave, but the zucchini can get a little mushy this way.
I prefer to heat them in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes, then place them under the broiler to finish them off.
What do you serve them with?
These beef stuffed zucchinis are great to serve with all kinds of veggie and potato sides or a nice fresh salad. Try them with:
- When removing the flesh from the zucchini, leave enough intact around the edges so that the zucchini is still sturdy and retains its shape.
- Use lean ground beef for a healthier meal.
- Try swapping the beef for ground turkey or chicken.
These Mexican stuffed zucchini boats are a regular in my house. The flavors are so vibrant and they are super simple to make!
More Healthy Recipes we Love
- Almond Milk Chicken Curry
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Healthy Spinach Dip Recipe
- Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!