This dreamy, creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is perfect for a delicious weeknight dinner. Tender seasoned chicken in a creamy sauce. Easy to make and loaded with flavor!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
This easy pasta recipe is made for busy weeknights! Super satisfying, cheesy loaded with protein packed chicken and brimming with flavor, put this on your weekly meal rota – you and your family will love it.
Why You’ll Love this Cajun Pasta Recipe:
- A ONE POT MEAL: This easy, cheesy pasta recipe is so simple to make, all whipped up in one pot. No fuss and minimal cleanup!
- CREAMY PASTA: This pasta dish is made all the more delicious with an creamy garlic sauce.
- KID FRIENDLY: Protein packed chicken, perfectly seasoned with Cajun spices, mixed with pasta and veggies, great for the little ones.
There’s nothing better than a delicious pasta that’s quick to make! Everyone will be happy to see this dish on the dinner table.
How to Make Cajun Chicken Pasta
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the pasta al dente, according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, cook the onion and bell pepper in a skillet then stir in the seasoning and add the chicken.
- Add in the cream sauce ingredients and simmer.
- Add in the pasta, stir and garnish.
I like to use boneless, skinless chicken breast. But you could use chicken thighs, they may take a bit longer.
Yes! Feel free to use pre cooked chicken.
Absolutely! For a vegetarian cajun pasta, use any combination of your favorite diced or sliced veggies like zucchini, squash, mushrooms, carrots, additional bell peppers, etc. Add veggies to the recipe in step 2 and skip cooking the chicken. Continue with the recipe as written.
Cajun seasonings are usually made with black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
This easy pasta recipe is a hearty meal on its own but you can totally add in some sides if you want to level up your meal. Here’s some favorites:
This super satisfying meal comes together so easily in one pot, using mainly pantry staples. Perfect for weeknights.
- When cooking the pasta, be sure to stir regularly to stop it from sticking.
- If you want to make this pasta a bit extra then add in some cooked bacon and sprinkle on some parmesan cheese.
- Store pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Creamy with a touch of smoky spice, you are going to love the flavors in this one pot pasta dish!
What kind of noodles should I use?
I love to use rotini pasta, as it has nooks which scoop up the sauce. You can use short or long pasta.
Is this pasta spicy?
The Cajun spice does not make the dish super spicy, it adds a lovely smokiness to it. You can up the spice by adding chili flakes or chili powder, if desired.
Can I make this without cream?
You can make this without the cream, it still tastes delicious!
More 30 Minute Dinner Recipes We Love
A delicious and easy one pot pasta recipe that’s just perfect for busy weeknights! Customizable with extra veggies and toppings, you will love it!
More Chicken Pasta Recipes to Try:
- Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad
- Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- White Chicken Lasagna Soup
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups
- Chicken Parmesan Soup
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!