This Crockpot Chicken Marsala serves up tender chicken served with a creamy mushrooms and wine sauce. Hearty, delicious and simple to make!
Easy Chicken Marsala
Easy chicken marsala, whipped up in the Crockpot, is so rich and creamy you’ll want this on your weekly dinner rotation! It’s a simple Italian meal that’ll please everyone. Plus it’s gluten free and packed with flavor!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Marsala Crockpot Recipe:
- CREAMY: This dreamy cream sauce is utterly luscious! Made with heavy cream, flour and a host of lip smacking seasonings.
- TENDER CHICKEN: The slow cooker delivers juicy and tender chicken breasts, perfect with the meaty, earthy mushrooms.
- EASY: Made mainly with kitchen staples, it all comes together so easily in the crockpot.
Chicken and mushrooms smothered in a herbal, creamy garlic sauce – so good!
How to Make Chicken Marsala in a Crockpot
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Sear the seasoned chicken in a skillet and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the mushrooms, aromatics and wine to the skillet, simmer then transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cook in the crockpot on low 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Thicken the sauce in the slow cooker with water and cornstarch.
- Cook on high for a further 25 minutes.
- Garnish serve and enjoy!
Chicken Marsala is an Italian-American dish consisting of tender chicken and mushrooms in a creamy Marsala wine sauce.
This recipe calls for Marsala wine. For savory recipes like this, you ideally want to use a dry Marsala wine. If you can’t find any, you can also use Madiera wine or fortified port wine. A dry white wine will also work, but you will lose a lot of the complexity of flavor. Keep in mind that without Marsala wine, the dish isn’t truly Chicken Marsala!
Yes, you can! In fact, I have a wonderful one pan chicken marsala recipe that you can follow if you’d like to make it on the stovetop.
This easy Crockpot chicken marsala goes well with all kinds of sides. Here are some favorites:
Marsala adds a rich and nutty flavor to this delicious sauce – pairing perfect with the chicken and mushrooms!
Store leftover crockpot chicken marsala in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze crockpot chicken marsala in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Make It A Meal
More Chicken Recipes We Love
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Crockpot Whole Chicken
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
With its tender chicken and rich wine sauce, this easy Italian chicken recipe is a dish you’ll want to come back to again and again! Perfect for an easy weeknight meal, this crockpot chicken marsala recipe is loaded with flavor and super satisfying!
More Italian Crockpot Recipes to Try:
- Crockpot Italian Chicken
- Crockpot Tuscan Chicken
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Crockpot Spaghetti Casserole
- Crockpot Stuffed Shells
- Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.