This Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe is so quick and easy to make. Best of all, it’s super cheesy! It’s the best way to make creamy macaroni for an easy dinner any night of the week.
It’s the perfect go-to family meal, and it’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
- Noodles: Classic macaroni noodles are best of course, but you can substitute different pastas if you prefer. Use any similarly sized noodle like rotelle, penne, fusilli, or rigatoni.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter. If you only have salted, skip the added salt.
- Cheese: Sharp cheddar cheese will give you the most classic Mac and cheese flavor! But you can use 3 ½ cups of your favorite smooth melting cheese. Think cheddar, fontina, Colby, Swiss, Monterey jack, and provolone. For the creamiest mac and cheese, buy blocks of cheese and shred it yourself. While pre-shredded cheese is convenient, it doesn’t melt as well as freshly shredded cheese.
- Heavy Cream: This adds a creamy texture we love.
How to Make Mac and Cheese in the Instant Pot
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Add noodles, water, and seasonings to the Instant Pot, and cook briefly to cook the noodles.
- Stir in the butter and cheese, and then the heavy cream.
- Serve it up and enjoy!
Instant Pot mac and cheese will have your favorite dish ready in just 15 minutes and it comes out so creamy and delicious.
Tips for the Best Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- There’s no need to cook the macaroni noodles before adding them to the Instant Pot. So just throw them in and cook!
- Freshly shredded cheese will melt and mix in the most easily.
- The Mac and cheese will thicken as it cools and sets, so stir in a bit more cream to refresh.
- For a richer flavor, use 4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth (or half broth and half water) in this recipe.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Whether you are making this instant pot mac and cheese for a family get-together or for a quick dinner, or you pair it with another delicious dish or eat it on its own, you won’t be sorry you gave this quick dish a chance. It’s sure to be the kids’ favorite dinner night after night.
More 30 Minute Dinner Recipes We Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.