These grilled chicken recipes are all easy, delicious, and perfect for summertime! Throw chicken breast, thighs, drumsticks, or wings on the grill, and you’ll have a tasty dinner ready in no time. Add a little BBQ, fresh veggies, or a flavor-packed marinade, and you’ll really be cookin’!
Best Grilled Chicken Ideas
Summertime is grill time, so there’s no better time to get out all the best grilled chicken recipes! Chicken is quick and easy to cook on the grill for weeknight dinners, and it comes out deliciously juicy.
Healthy chicken breast, tasty thighs, chicken sandwiches, and chicken wings all grill up beautifully. And of course this is primetime for BBQ chicken too! Start with the best chicken marinade or a simple chicken seasoning if you want a quick way to add flavor.
Whether you need recipes for a cookout or a quick meal with the family, these ideas will do the trick. And if the weather isn’t in your favor today, you can still make most of these chicken recipes with a grill pan indoors!
Grill These Chicken Recipes for a Backyard BBQ
It’s time for cookouts and backyard barbecues, and these grilled chicken recipes will be the star of the show!
- BBQ Grilled Chicken: A delicious spice blend and barbecue sauce adds so much flavor to grilled chicken breast, thighs, or drumsticks.
- Beer Can Chicken: A can of beer plus some herbs and spices makes the juiciest and most delicious whole chicken.
- Smoked Chicken Wings: Get a smoker box for your grill to make these tasty chicken wings. Add BBQ sauce to make them finger-lickin’ good!
- Huli Huli Chicken: This Hawaiian-inspired grilled chicken thighs recipe has a sweet and tangy marinade made with pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger, and more.
- Korean BBQ Chicken: The gochujang marinade creates a spicy flavor that will take your typical BBQ chicken up a notch!
Healthy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipes
The great thing about chicken breast is that it’s lean and filled with protein, so it’s a good place to start for healthy grilled meals. Don’t worry, these recipes are also delicious!
- Grilled Chicken Breast: Start with the simplest recipe that you can make night after night! The marinade adds great flavor, and this recipe is perfect for meal prep.
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Breast: It only takes 15 minutes to grill this chicken breast recipe! Soy sauce, honey, and ginger add a sweet and salty flavor.
- Tequila Lime Chicken: A delicious tequila lime marinade infuses flavor right from the start. Top grilled chicken with ranch and cheese, and you’ll have an irresistible dinner idea!
- California Grilled Chicken: A balsamic and honey marinade, mozzarella, avocado, and tomatoes all create such fresh flavor!
Grilled Chicken Ideas Made for Summer Dinners
Breezy summer dinners call for quick and simple recipes filled with fresh flavors. These grilled chicken ideas fit the bill!
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken: Balsamic, Italian seasoning, mozzarella, and a caprese-inspired bruschetta mixture make up this easy grilled chicken idea.
- Yogurt Marinated Chicken Thighs: Chicken thighs are marinated in a deliciously-spiced yogurt mixture to infuse moisture and flavor. Grill in minutes and serve with rice and veggies.
- Fiesta Lime Chicken: Chicken breasts are topped with a creamy ranch yogurt mixture and cheese for a Mexican-inspired dish. Serve with pico de gallo, Mexican rice, and tortilla chips!
- Grilled Chicken Thighs: A sweet and spicy seasoning adds just the right flavor for chicken thighs. Cook these up in 20 minutes and pair them with your favorite side dishes.
Throw These Chicken Sandwiches on the Grill
- Stuffed Chicken Caprese Sandwiches: Chicken breasts are marinated in balsamic glaze, then stuffed with mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil before grilling. It makes for an incredible summer sandwich!
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich: Marinated, grilled chicken breast makes a great start to this delicious sandwich, piled up with bacon, cheese, and a tangy sauce.
- BBQ Chicken Sandwich: BBQ chicken breasts, red onion, and sweet pickles are piled onto hamburger buns to make the best sandwiches for summertime!
Get the Party Started with these Chicken Recipes
Appetizers, snacks, and party foods are a must if you’re hosting a summer cookout. Start with these finger foods to keep guests happy.
- Grilled Chicken Tacos: Everyone loves tacos! Grill some chicken, then slice it up and serve it on warm tortillas with a super fresh slaw.
- Grilled Chicken Wings: Throw some wings on the grill for an easy party appetizer. The skin gets nice and crispy while the inside stays deliciously juicy.
- Grilled Chicken Nachos: Make a huge batch of nachos for the whole crowd, right on your grill. They’re loaded up with shredded chicken and tons of toppings.
- Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs: Sweet pineapple, red onion, bell peppers, and bites of chicken in a sweet and tangy sauce are threaded onto skewers to make a tasty appetizer or party food.
Best Sides for Grilled Chicken
Turn any of these easy grilled chicken recipes into a tasty dinner with a few simple side dishes. Serve it with instant pot basmati rice, cilantro lime rice, or cauliflower fried rice. Or add a salad, like my favorite classic caprese salad or Greek salad.
Make cooking extra easy by using your grill for the sides too! Make grilled asparagus, grilled vegetables, grilled zucchini, grilled corn on the cob. Or go with some cookout classics, like homemade coleslaw, potato salad, or any of these BBQ side dishes.