This creamy Ranch Potato Salad recipe is easy to make with just a handful of simple ingredients, and it’s so delicious! Red potatoes, ranch seasoning, eggs, celery, and Greek yogurt are loaded up into the best side dish for BBQs, potlucks, and cookouts. It’ll be ready in 20 minutes, and it can be made ahead of time for peak flavor!
What’s in this Ranch Potato Salad Recipe?
If you love potato salad, this loaded recipe is going to blow you away. With 7 simple ingredients, this creamy ranch-filled version comes together in just 20 minutes!
- Potatoes: I like baby red potatoes for this dish. But you can substitute another baby potato, or use regular red potatoes in a pinch (but be sure to dice them into small pieces). Avoid creamer potatoes because they get too soft when cooked.
- Salt: Seasons the potatoes as they cook.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs: You can hard-boil eggs by cooking them for about 8-10 minutes in boiling water. This recipe is a great way to use leftover eggs.
- Celery: Adds crunch and color!
- Red Onion: Red onion adds a sharp flavor, but you can substitute yellow or white onions as well.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: This is a healthy and low-calorie way to create the creamy, tangy dressing. Sour cream and mayo both work as substitutes.
- Ranch Seasoning: Adds delicious ranch flavor to our potato salad.
Pro Tip: For an even easier recipe, try swapping the yogurt and ranch seasoning for creamy ranch dressing! It’ll be a little thinner, but still delicious!
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
To turn this recipe into bacon ranch potato salad, simply stir in crumbled cooked bacon. You can also add green onions and shredded cheese to turn it into loaded ranch potato salad. Or change up this recipe by adding extra veggies, eggs, dill, or other herbs and spices.
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
The best potatoes for a potato salad are waxier varieties, like red, blue, purple, or fingerling potatoes. Avoid Russett or Yukon Gold potatoes, as they will fall apart once cooked.
To keep the potatoes from falling apart, make sure to use waxier varieties of potatoes, not baking potatoes. Pull the potatoes out of the water as soon as they are tender and rinse them in cold water to stop the cooking process. Gently fold the salad together to keep the potatoes from breaking apart.
This potato salad can be served either warm or cold. I personally like it best cold, but try it warm and see what you think!
I do not recommend freezing this potato salad, as the Greek yogurt will separate once thawed, leading to a grainy texture.
How to Store Potato Salad with Ranch
Store leftover ranch potato salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy chilled for the best flavor. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
This creamy ranch and red potato salad is the best BBQ side dish, and makes a great recipe for a potluck! Serve it alongside barbecue chicken, cowboy burgers, pulled pork, or grilled ribs. It’s also a great compliment to crispy ranch chicken. Add a side of air fryer ranch broccoli, corn on the cob, or creamy cucumber salad for the perfect cookout meal!