Take the stress out of Christmas day with this delicious beef tenderloin sheet pan dinner. Beef tenderloin is cooked with red potatoes and mushrooms for a fuss free roasted dinner that everyone will love. Finish off the meal with the delicious creamy blue cheese sauce.
Beef Tenderloin with Potatoes & Mushrooms
Have you started planning your Christmas menu yet? If the thought of cooking a large meal on the day terrifies you a little, I’m here to make your life so much easier!
This sheet pan Christmas dinner with beef tenderloin is a fuss free and foolproof method of getting a delicious dinner on the table to feed hungry mouths. This recipe serves four, so it’s a great option if you are enjoying a more intimate celebration this year.
Why you’ll love this Sheet Pan Christmas recipe:
- QUICK: You don’t need to spend half the day in the kitchen to serve up a delicious Christmas meal for the family. This recipe takes around and hour from start to finish.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: There’s nothing fancy needed to make this recipe, easy to find store-bought ingredients come together to create a restaurant worthy dinner.
- EASY: Everything is all roasted in the oven on one sheet pan. The cooking process is easy, the results are tasty and clean up is a breeze!
Take the stress out of your Christmas morning with this deliciously easy sheet pan recipe!
If you prefer ham, try this Sheet Pan Christmas Ham Dinner instead.
How to Make Sheet Pan Christmas Beef Tenderloin
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Season the beef tenderloin.
- Toss the red potatoes in the oil and seasonings.
- Place the beef and potatoes on a sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Toss the mushrooms in salt and oil and add to the sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes.
- When the beef is cooked to your liking, remove from the oven and let rest while the mushrooms and potatoes finish roasting.
- Make the optional blue cheese sauce in a pot on the stovetop.
- Slice the beef and serve with the roasted potatoes and mushrooms alongside the cheese sauce.
All the Holiday Sides
60+ Holiday Side Dish Recipes
This holiday season be sure to check out our sides guide for all the recipes PLUS tips and tricks for entertaining.
I highly recommend using a meat thermometer to measure the done-ness of your beef tenderloin. For medium-rare, remove the beef from the oven at 115 degrees F and let it rise to 125 degrees F while resting. For medium, remove the beef from the oven at 120 degrees F and let it rise to 130 degrees F while resting.
Instead of red potatoes, try baby golden, fingerling, or sweet potatoes.
Instead of cremini mushrooms, try button or shitake mushrooms, sliced portobello would also work well.
Any leftovers can be stored can be store covered in the fridge and are best enjoyed within two days. The beef can be enjoyed cold in sandwiches, or heat up leftovers in teh oven, covered with foil at 360F til warmed through.
Instead of Roquefort (blue cheese), stilton or gorgonzola cheese would also be delicious.
Christmas Dinner Ingredients & Notes
- Beef Tenderloin: I prefer to buy my beef tenderloins trimmed and tied (with the silver skin and fat removed and the beef tied into an even log)– just ask your butcher and they can help you find one!
- Olive Oil: Helps the beef and vegetables brown without burning.
- Salt & Pepper: The best way to flavor beef tenderloin– they lock in the flavor of the meat and enhance it’s natural meatiness.
- Garlic Powder & Thyme: Add delicious flavor to the potatoes- you can also add them to the mushrooms if you prefer.
- Butter & Flour: Create a roux that thickens the sauce.
- Heavy Cream: Adds richness to the sauce and helps the cheese melt.
This sheet pan Christmas dinner is a whole meal by itself, but you can easily serve it up alongside other Christmas favorites like…
If the through of cooking up a Christmas dinner is stressing you out, this is one effortless way to keep everyone happy! Easy and delicious, this recipe will let you enjoy the day!
All the Holiday Cookies
25+ Favorite Christmas Cookies
Baking and Christmas go hand in hand. See our guide for our fave recipes + tips and tricks for perfect cookies.
- The beef tenderloin should be trimmed and tied so that it cooks evenly. Most come already tied, or you can ask your butcher, otherwise tie it yourself using kitchen twine.
- Use a meat thermometer to cook your beef to exactly your liking.
- The beef is simply seasoned, but you could add additional seasonings like garlic powder or paprika if you like.
This foolproof recipe is a real crowd pleaser and you won’t even have to break a sweat!
More Christmas Mains to Try:
- Garlic Butter Prime Rib
- Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Sauce
- Pineapple Ham
- Roasted Turkey Breast
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Instant Pot Ham
- Whole Roast Chicken
This sheet pan Christmas dinner with beef tenderloin is one delicious hassle free recipe for the holidays. So simple but so tasty, everyone is going to be impressed with this!
More Festive Christmas Recipes We Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!