This Slow Cooker Broccoli Rice Casserole is our go-to holiday side dish. Such an easy way to make this Thanksgiving and Christmas favorite, right in your slow cooker!
Who doesn’t love Broccoli Rice Casserole on their Thanksgiving table?! It’s definitely a must make and makes an appearance at all of our family get togethers. But let’s take it up a notch, adding to the ease of preparing as well as CLEANUP, and make it in a crockpot!! SLOW COOKER BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE is just as delicious as the traditional kind, without all the oven temps and cleaning casserole dishes. LOVE!
Trust me, this casserole is just as good as your mama used to make it, in fact my mama DID make it! She came over and we recipe tested for Thanksgiving, and this was one of the clear winners! We even took the pot full of Slow Cooker Broccoli Rice Casserole over to my brothers later that night and all finished it off with burgers. Its just the perfect side dish! Makes me think of home and holidays and tradition all at the same time.
Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without a casserole or two, and I hope this Slow Cooker Broccoli Rice Casserole makes it to your family’s table! It’s an easy addition to any holiday menu, and you won’t regret it! Creamy, dreamy, comforting, traditional, holiday perfection!
Three cheers for easy family favorites that make the holiday’s memorable for years to come. Oh and that ONE POT to clean up in total sure doesn’t hurt. Enjoy!
15 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1½ cup Minute Rice
- ¾ lb. (3 inches) Velveeta Cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 large package (14.4 oz) chopped frozen broccoli
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes or ¼ cup onion, minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 can (10½ oz.) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can (10½ oz.) Unsalted Chicken or Beef Broth
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup white wine (opt.)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Optional topping:
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers.
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Turn slow cooker to desired temperature.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 2 hours or LOW 4 hours.
- If desired (and if your crock pot has removable crock), combine crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle the cracker/butter mixture over cooked casserole and place under oven broiler to brown. It can burn quickly, so watch closely.