These Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes are one delicious recipe that’s perfect for breakfast or as a side to go with your favorite dinners. Slow Cooker Cheesy Hashbrowns are simple and easy to make and the ultimate holiday side dish.
Crockpot Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe
Mix up your side dish game with these easy and cheesy hashbrowns. So simple and easy to make with the help of our trusty Crockpot!
This hashbrown casserole is perfect to serve with your favorite mains, perfect for special occasions, but easy enough to make for a weeknight family dinner. We love this side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter as well.
Why you’ll love this Cheesy Hashbrowns Recipe:
- Convenient: Making this classic side dish in a slow cooker makes things so simple!
- So Cheesy: Everything melts together to create the CHEESIEST side dish recipe ever
- Year Round Classic: Hash Brown Potato Casserole is a recipe we take to Summer potlucks and also make for Christmas dinner. Its so versatile!
How to make Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes with Hash Browns
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Add the hash browns, half of the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika powder to a crockpot.
- Stir to combine then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Place the lid on the pot and cook on high for 2 ½ – 3 hours or until the edges start to crisp up and the cheese has fully melted on top.
- Let it cool for 3-4 minutes then serve with freshly minced parsley.
How long do Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes keep?
These Crockpot cheesy hashbrowns will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can warm them through in the oven at 350F until the cheese has melted to serve.
You can reheat them in the microwave if you are in. hurry, but they can get a bit soggy.
What’s the best cheese to use for potato casserole?
I like to use a shredded cheddar cheese for this casserole. It’s best to use freshly grated rather than pre-grated. Pre-grated usually has a coating on it, which makes the cheese harder to melt.
For the cream cheese, I prefer to use full fat, but you can use a reduced fat one if you prefer.
Can you cook hashbrown potato casserole this in the oven?
I love the convience of cooking this side in the slow cooker as it frees up oven space, perfect if you are planning to serve it as part of a big feast. If you prefer, you can cook it in the oven in less time.
Simply mix the ingredients and place in a large baking dish. Bake in the oven at 350F for around 30 to 40 minutes. If the top starts to brown, you can cover it with some foil.
More Potato Recipes to Try
- Crockpot Potato Soup
- Loaded Potato Skins
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Funeral Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes
- Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Parmesan Potato Wedges
- There’s no need to thaw the hashbrowns. Use them straight from frozen.
- Make it healthier by using low fat sour cream and cream cheese.
- Serve these Crockpot cheesy hashbrowns for Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter or any other time of the year! They are so delicious!
All the Holiday Sides
60+ Holiday Side Dish Recipes
This holiday season be sure to check out our sides guide for all the recipes PLUS tips and tricks for entertaining.
These Crockpot cheesy hashbrowns take minutes to make and they come out so good guys! I have been known to eat them directly from the slow cooker!
More Crockpot Recipes we Love for the Holidays
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole
- Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Crockpot Cheesy Broccoli Rice
- Crockpot Potatoes
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!