Strawberry Lemonade Sugar Cookie Bars! Fresh strawberries garnish a zesty lemon curd topping, that’s baked onto a sugar cookie crust for a delicious and easy sheet-pan dessert.
These strawberry sugar cookie bars give all of the flavor and texture of sugar cookies without all of the rolling and cutting! This is a fun summertime dessert, it’s zesty with a fresh strawberry topping, so easy and so delicious!
Why these Sugar Cookie Bars are so go
- Perfect spring time dessert. This is a light and citrusy dessert, topped with fresh strawberries. It just sings summer!
- A delicious filling. Lemon curd with cream cheese creates an addictive filling that’ll have this gobbled up in no time,
- So easy to make. If you love sugar cookies but don’t love the mess, then this one’s for you.
- Cookie Dough: Refrigerated sugar cookie dough.
- Cream Cheese: Softened.
- Lemon Curd
- Lemon Juice: And zest.
- Strawberries: Fresh and chopped.
- Mint Leaves: Fresh sprigs.
- Garnishes: Freshly sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip
How to make these Sugar Cookie Bars
Be sure to scroll down to the bottom for the full recipe
Break apart the cookie dough and press evenly into the pan and bake for around 20 mins.
While the crust cooks, mix the cream cheese, lemon curd, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth and creamy. Store the filling in an airtight container until ready to spread onto the dough.
When ready, spread the filling evenly on the dough, top with strawberries and garnish with a mint leaf.
A delicious and simple dessert
This simple dessert recipe only needs 5 ingredients and takes around 20 mins to make. I used pre made sugar cookie dough and jarred lemon curd to save even more time on prep. It all comes together in a fluffy and zesty dessert that’s perfect for spring or summer.
Plus, the crust, lemon/cream filling and strawberries can be prepped up to 24 hours in advance. Perfect for parties and cookie swaps.
Storing Sugar Cookie Bars
Keep leftovers loosely covered in the fridge. The crust will soften if kept too long – it is best eaten the day it is prepared.
Can you freeze these Sugar Cookie Bars?
Yes you can. Freeze your cookie bars by wrapping the bars individually and then freezing them. Allow them to come up to room temperature for 30 minutes prior to serving or eating, but they should stay fresh in the freezer for a good month or two.
If you’d like to freeze the dough, that is also possible. again, just let the dough come to room temperature prior to baking.
- Do not overbake! When baking, these are done just before they look done; that is, slightly golden around the edges but not golden in the center. They finish cooking as they cool.
- Lining your pan in foil or parchment paper will help you remove the cookie bars easier after they’re baked.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Other delicious desserts
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Halfway to Heaven Bars
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Glazed Lemon Cranberry Bread
Have yo tried these Sugar Cookie Bars? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!