If you are looking for a tasty way to use up your Thanksgiving turkey leftovers, then you have got to try these fried croquettes! Made with stuffing and seasonal veggies, they make for a great holiday appetizer.
Deep Fried Turkey Croquette Recipe
Deep fried to perfection, these croquettes are made with stuffing, turkey, carrots and onions and coated with breadcrumbs for one delicious bite.
Why you’ll love this Turkey Croquettes recipe:
- EASY: Just mix up the ingredients, coat in breadcrumbs and fry. This is a great effortless recipe.
- GREAT FOR LEFTOVERS: If you are anything like me and always cook too much for Thanksgiving dinner, this is a great way to use up the leftovers
- DELICIOUS: These croquettes taste just like Thanksgiving dinner! Because they are deep fried they have a great crispy bite to them and the insides are super juicy and flavorful.
If you are looking for a new and fun way to make the most out of your turkey dinner leftovers, then this recipe is for you!
How to make Fried Turkey Croquettes with Leftover Turkey
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Boil the celery and carrots til tender.
- Mix together the ingredients for the filling and chill.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
- Dredge in flour, eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry til golden brown.
You don’t have to wait til Thanksgiving to make these yummy turkey croquettes. You can easily substitute the shredded turkey for ground turkey instead. Just brown it in a skillet first before mixing with the other ingredients.
Once fried, let the croquettes cool completely and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They will keep well for 3 days and can be reheated in the oven at 365F for 5 to 10 minutes.
Absolutley! This is a great go to recipe if you have leftover rotisserie or whole roasted chicken. You can also use shredded chicken breasts.
I love the crispy texture that you only get with deep frying, but you can oven bake these if you prefer. Place them on a lined baking sheet and bake at 400F for 10 to 15 minutes til golden brown.
These turkey croquettes are a great appetizer, especially when served with your favorite sauces and dips like:
These turkey croquettes are sure to impress! They are perfect to serve to friends and family in the days following Thanksgiving.
- These Turkey croquettes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat in a 365-degree oven for five minutes or until light and crispy.
- It’s important to let the mixture chill in the fridge before rolling into the balls so that they hold together.
- Make sure that your oil is hot before frying. Use an instant read thermometer to check that the oil has reached 265F before adding the croquettes.
This is such a great recipe to make the most out of those leftovers. Be sure to make extras on the big day so that you can enjoy these in the following days!
More Recipes Using Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey
Leftover Thanksgiving turkey never tasted so good! Deep fried to crispy perfection each bite is hands down delicious! Serve with your favorite dips for one crowd pleasing app!
More Fried Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.