Simple to make and more than delicious to eat, these cheesy baked turkey meatballs are one tasty appetizer! Juicy turkey meatballs are stuffed with mozzarella for one yummy bite!
Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs Recipe
Just when you thought meatballs couldn’t get any better!
Simple to make, they are a great bite to share with friends and family.
Why you’ll love this Baked Turkey Meatballs recipe:
- KID-FRIENDLY: I promise you, all of your picky eaters will adore these cheese stuffed meatballs. What’s not to love?!
- OVEN BAKED: Because these meatballs are baked rather than fried, they are simpler as well as a healthier choice.
- QUICK AND EASY: There’s nothing complicated about these cheesy baked turkey meatballs. Simple ingredients and quick to prep.
How to make Baked Cheesy Meatballs
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the onion and garlic til soft.
- Add to a bowl with the other ingredients and mix to combine.
- Scoop the mixture into balls.
- Push a mozzarella ball into each meatball and cover and seal using your hands.
- Bake until golden brown.
Can you make these with other ground meats?
Yes! These turkey meatballs can be made with any other ground meats. They are great with chicken or pork, or you can of course use a red meat like beef or veal if you prefer.
Can you make them ahead of time?
These cheesy baked turkey meatballs are best served as soon as they are baked so that the mozzarella is nice and gooey.
You can roll and fill the meatballs up to 2 days ahead of time and keep them covered in the fridge. Then, just pop them into the oven when you are ready to serve.
What do you serve them with?
These meatballs are great to serve with a marinara sauce for dipping. The rich tomato flavor works so well with these! They are great to serve with all of your favorite dips.
- Don’t over mix the meatball ingredients. Everything should be combined, but over mixing can result in tough meatballs.
- I find it easiest to oven bake these, but you can shallow fry them in a skillet until golden brown if you prefer.
These cheesy baked turkey meatballs are so delicious and easy to make, I promise that you’ll impress with these. Such a fun appetizer to serve at any occasion!
More Meatball Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!