SWEET GLAZED SALMON WITH JALAPENO PEACH SALSA is easy, delicious, and pretty. Beautiful food that tastes amazing, check check!
Peaches are one of my favorite ingredients to use this summer. I’ve made Fruit Bruschetta, Peach Creamsicles, Peaches and Cream French Toast Casserole, and Peach Pie Sangria (the cocktails are always my favorite). When I came across this recipe for Molasses-glazed Salmon with Peach Salsa, I knew I had to try it. I made a couple changes to the salsa and the marinade, but the base of this recipe is pure genius. Spicy and sweet, HEALTHY, and delicious. And pretty. Win, win, and win.
First things first, lets talk about this Jalapeno Peach Salsa. Hands down one of the best things I have ever tasted. Just the right amount of heat, and just the right amount of sweet. Summer by the spoonful. But its REALLY good on sweet grilled salmon. Just like my all-time favorite dish, Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa, the flavors just work. We haven’t been on a vacation in a long long time, but this meal made me feel like I was somewhere tropical, loving life. I like that feeling. I LOVE this recipe!
If you have read this blog more than once (or knew me in college/my twenties), you know I’m pretty new to cooking
(couldn’t boil water) and that I appreciate the easy meals the most. Simple is the best in my book. If you like the idea of making a delicious meal in under 20 minutes, than this Salmon with Peach Salsa is for you. You can even make it on a Foreman Grill!! (I did!) Keepin’ it classy everyday on this blog!
June is going to be a fun month. I have several fun giveaways lined up (KITCHENAID MIXER ANYONE??), so be sure to check back for those soon! And if you get a minute, check out mom’s new blog, Simply Sated!!! She hasn’t officially launched, but she already has some amazing recipes up. More on that later, but go give it a sneak peak and show her some love!! Go to her facebook page too. She is going to be sharing some delicious delicious stuff. Trust me…I grew up eating her cooking. I was lazy in learning for far too long because her cooking was just so good. I didn’t feel the need to try myself!!
Sweet and Spicy Molasses-Glazed Grilled Salmon topped with Jalapeno Peach Salsa. TO DIE FOR!!!
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 pound ripe peaches (about 3 peaches)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced. (We took the seeds out because Iâ??m a wimp with spicy, but keep the seeds in for more of a kick!)
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Four 6-oz salmon fillets, skin trimmed off
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 garlic clove, diced/crushed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon molasses (divided)
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the salsa. Chill in the fridge for about an hour to allow all of the flavors to blend completely.
- Season both sides of the salmon with a pinch of salt and pepper. In a medium sized bowl, combine orange juice, garlic and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Pour 1/2 of the molasses onto the top of each salmon filet and rub in to make sure it is well dispersed. Place both fillets into a large Ziploc bag and pour the orange juice mixture into the bag. Seal and allow to marinate refrigerated for about an hour. (about the same time that the salsa is marinating in the fridge, perfect!)
- Take the salmon out of the fridge and top with remaining molasses. Keep the marinade sauce in a separate bowl.
- Grill each filet on the grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, topping with more marinade as you grill each side. If you don't have access to an outdoor grill, you can use a Foreman style grill. It will be done in about 5-6 minutes total if cooking that way.
- Take off of heat and top with the peach salsa. Enjoy!