These salmon dinner ideas are a great way to add this fish into your regular diet. Making a healthy meal has never been better with these easy salmon recipes! Flavorful, quick, and always delicious, this is just such an easy thing to cook. Plus there are plenty of side dishes to serve along with salmon for the perfect dinner!
Easy Salmon Recipes
Looking for some easy salmon recipes to make for dinner tonight? Then you’ve come to the right place! I’ve gathered the best salmon dinner ideas, all of which are healthy flavorful, and quick to cook. Plus you’ll find plenty of side dishes to complete the meal.
Salmon is one of my favorite seafood dishes to make AND to eat, because it’s so simple yet so delicious. Plus, salmon is super healthy for you, making it the perfect thing to eat on a regular basis! Whether you prefer your salmon baked, grilled, pan seared, or air fried, there’s a recipe here you’ll love!
When something healthy tastes this good, AND is this easy to make, there’s no reason not to eat it. So make any of these delicious recipes and enjoy!
Salmon Dinner Ideas
Salmon recipes are a great main dish to make for dinner any night of the week because it’s delicious, and it’s good for you! Pair it with vegetables and your favorite side dishes to make a meal that everyone will love.
Whether you’re making a recipe for two, or cooking for the whole family, these recipes are just perfect. There are so many different ways to cook salmon, so one of these methods is sure to work for you.
And if you want the easiest meal ever, there are plenty of sheet pan dinner ideas here too. Salmon and veggies in one pan, what could be easier? And salmon is one of my favorite thing to make for romantic dinners, for Valentine’s Day or anniversaries. It pairs perfectly with a glass of wine!
The FDA recommends eating salmon or other seafood 2 to 3 times a week for its many health benefits. It is a fatty fish filled with Omega-3, which is good for heart health, plus it’s a great source of protein and other nutrients.
Healthy Salmon Recipes
Salmon is always a great dinner idea if you’re looking for something healthy. It’s lean and filled with nutrients, so it’s easy to make a well-balanced dinner with these recipes at the center.
- Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa: This Whole30 approved salmon recipe is so quick to put together, and it’s absolutely tasty!
- Sheet Pan Lemon Salmon: This quick meal comes together in about 30 minutes, and includes salmon and asparagus roasted in one pan. Just add some rice and dinner is ready. It’s a well-balanced meal, perfect for meal prep.
- Air Fryer Salmon: Get a delicious, crispy texture and perfectly-seasoned salmon, without extra fats or oils. Cooking it in the Air Fryer is a great option and it’s fast!
- Garlic Butter Salmon: The garlic lemon butter gives the grilled salmon such a simple but delectable flavor, and it pairs perfectly with lemon butter asparagus!
- Tequila Lime Salmon Salad: This salad is filled with avocado, lettuce, beans, corn and more, then topped with marinated salmon and tequila lime vinaigrette.
Salmon Dinner Ideas with Sides
These salmon ideas have delicious side dishes to go along with them! So you can make a full meal with just one simple recipe. Sheet pan meals are a favorite for this very reason.
- Maple Glazed Salmon and Potatoes: Salmon is covered in a sweet and tangy maple mustard glaze, and cooked along with the most delectable garlic potatoes.
- Honey Garlic Salmon and Asparagus: The combination of salmon with asparagus, all covered in this tasty sauce, makes for a healthy meal.
- Honey Mustard Salmon and Veggies: This sheet pan salmon is made with potatoes, green beans, and tomatoes, for a veggie-filled meal!
- Caesar Salmon Foil Packets: Get out the grill and cook up salmon filets with artichokes, tomatoes, and sweet peppers all in one packet! This is a great healthy summer dinner.
- Herb Crusted Salmon with Goat Cheese Polenta: This baked salmon is so good with cheesy polenta and roasted tomatoes. Such an easy dinner idea with no lack of flavor!
Quick and Easy Salmon Dinners
Since fish cooks fast, you’ll never be in the kitchen long when you’re serving salmon for dinner. These ideas are all so quick to make!
- Baked Salmon and Asparagus: The hoisin glaze adds sooo much flavor and it’s already paired with asparagus for an easy dinner idea.
- Air Fryer Cilantro Lime Salmon: The cilantro lime flavor is so delicious, and making it in the Air Fryer is super easy. Pair it with rice and veggies for the perfect dinner.
- Grilled Salmon with Peach Salsa: The sweet soy glazed salmon paired with spicy peach salsa comes together so quickly, and it’s healthy!
- Lemon Butter Salmon in Parchment: Salmon, asparagus, onions, lemon, and thyme are covered in a lemon butter sauce, and cooked together wrapped in parchment paper. It’s such an easy way to make a whole meal!
Flavorful Salmon Ideas
These recipes are filled with flavor! Fish isn’t boring when it’s so well-seasoned, cooked in delicious sauces, and served with your favorite side dishes.
- Caprese Stuffed Salmon: This recipe is literally filled with flavor. Mozzarella and tomatoes are stuffed right into the salmon, and it’s baked to perfection. Plus, the balsamic roasted tomatoes pair nicely on the side.
- Salmon Piccata: The super creamy, tangy, garlic-y sauce makes this recipe absolutely delectable! Serve it with pasta or veggies.
- Blackened Salmon: This blackened seasoning is a mix of spicy and savory flavors, and it coats the fish in a crispy, delicious texture.
- Baked Pesto Salmon: This basil walnut pesto is the perfect topping for flaky fish. It’s a simple recipe but it’s so flavorful!
- Pecan Crusted Honey Bourbon Salmon: The honey bourbon glaze infuses so much flavor, and the pecan topping makes a crunchy texture that is irresistible!
- White Wine Dijon Salmon: Coated in a crispy garlic Parmesan crust and covered in a white wine dijon sauce, this recipe is perfect for special occasions and dinner guests!
What do you serve with salmon for dinner?
For healthy salmon dinner ideas, I usually serve it with some combination of grains and vegetables. A baked or grilled salmon fillet served over white or brown rice, along with broccoli or asparagus is a delicious and simple meal. That being said, it can easily be served with all kinds of veggies, side dishes, pastas, salads, and more.
Here are some favorite sides:
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Asparagus Almondine
- Grilled Ranch Potatoes
- Confetti Corn Salad
- Red Wine Glazed Carrots
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Cucumber Onion Salad
- Air Fryer Ranch Broccoli
- Sweet Potato Rolls
- Quinoa Salad
These salmon recipes should be cooked to an internal temperature of at least 125°F. The USDA recommends you cook salmon to 145°F before eating, but it is safe to eat at a slightly lower temp. I prefer to cook my salmon to 130-135°F.
A typical serving size for salmon is about 2 to 3 ounces. Salmon fillets are usually cut into 4 to 6 ounce portions, so about 2 servings worth of fish.
Absolutely! Defrost salmon in the fridge overnight and use it with any of these simple recipes.
Once it’s been cooked, salmon can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. I don’t recommend eating it after 3 days, so plan ahead.
With most salmon marinades, you don’t want to marinate for more than about 30 minutes. Any longer and the fish can start to break down and become soggy. So it’s not advised to marinate overnight.
Yes! Salmon has many health benefits that make it a great food to add into your regular diet. It is a fatty fish filled with Omega-3, which is good for heart health. Plus it’s a healthy source of protein and vitamin B.
Salmon skin is actually good for you since a lot of the healthy fats are concentrated within the skin. Cooking salmon with the skin on helps keep in oils to provide more flavor, and it also tends to be a bit easier to cook with the skin on. However, you can make salmon recipes with or without the skin.
Now that you’ve got all these delicious salmon dinner ideas to choose from, you have no excuse not to make a healthy dinner tonight. With so many tasty and easy salmon recipes, you’ll have meals for weeks!
More Dinner Recipes to Try
If you’re looking for more easy, healthy, and delicious dinner ideas for your weekly menus, we’ve got plenty more recipes for you to try.
This post is all about easy salmon recipes, but this recipe is quite possibly the simplest of them all. It already has a great flavor, and it doesn’t take much time to cook, so you can have a nice salmon dinner ready to go in less than 15 minutes. Tasty, healthy, and quick to make! Just add your favorite side dish and it’s ready to go.