These Salmon Dinner Ideas are a great way to add this fish into your regular diet. Making a healthy meal has never been easier! Flavorful, quick, and always delicious, this seafood favorite is such an easy thing to cook. Plus there are plenty of side dishes to serve along with salmon for the perfect dinner!
Best Salmon Dinner Recipes
Salmon is one of my favorite things to make for dinner when I’m looking for recipes that are quick, easy, healthy, and tasty! This seafood staple cooks fast, and it’s packed with nutrition. All you have to do is add a simple glaze, sauce, or a few herbs and spices.
Serve salmon with rice, pasta, veggies, or any of your favorite side dishes, and you’ll have a simple meal ready to go.
These are my favorite salmon dinner ideas, and I hope you’ll love them too. Choose from sheet pan dinners, grilled fish, and all types of salmon and veggie recipes. Bookmark these easy ideas for weeknight meals, meal prep lunches, or special dinners that will wow your guests.
The FDA recommends eating salmon or other seafood 2 to 3 times a week for its many health benefits. It is a fatty fish filled with Omega-3, which is good for heart health, plus it’s a great source of protein and other nutrients.
Grilled Salmon Ideas for Summer
With summer in the air and grilling season in full swing, these grilled salmon ideas are the perfect thing to make for dinner right now.
- Grilled Salmon: This simple, quick, and healthy recipe is about to be your go-to! The herb-filled, savory and citrus-y marinade creates the best flavor, and it cooks on the grill in 10 minutes.
- Garlic Butter Salmon: The garlic lemon butter gives the salmon such a simple but delectable flavor, and it pairs perfectly with lemon butter asparagus!
- Caesar Salmon Foil Packets: Get out the grill and cook up salmon filets with artichokes, tomatoes, and sweet peppers all in one packet!
- Grilled Salmon with Peach Salsa: The sweet soy glazed salmon paired with spicy peach salsa comes together so quickly, and it’s just delicious.
Healthy Salmon Dinner Recipes
Salmon is always a great dinner idea if you’re looking for something healthy. It’s lean and filled with nutrients, so it’s easy to make a well-balanced dinner with these recipes at the center.
- Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa: This Whole30 approved salmon recipe is so quick to put together, and it’s absolutely tasty!
- Sheet Pan Lemon Salmon: This quick meal comes together in about 30 minutes, and includes salmon and asparagus roasted in one pan. Just add some rice and dinner is ready. It’s a well-balanced meal, perfect for meal prep.
- Tequila Lime Salmon Salad: This salad is filled with avocado, lettuce, beans, corn and more, then topped with marinated salmon and tequila lime vinaigrette. It makes a great healthy lunch!
- Air Fryer Miso Salmon: Flakey fish is cooked fast in the Air Fryer, along with fresh veggies, all coated in a tasty Japanese-inspired sauce. Serve salmon with rice to finish the meal!
- Salmon Burgers: Add a healthy (but still delicious) option to burger night! This unique and interesting salmon recipe will give you a whole new way to enjoy seafood.
Salmon Sheet Pan Dinners
These sheet pan meals are a quick and easy way to get dinner on the table! Combine flakey salmon with fresh vegetables, tasty glazes, and pop it in the oven.
- Maple Glazed Salmon and Potatoes: Salmon is covered in a sweet and tangy maple mustard glaze, and cooked along with the most delectable garlic potatoes.
- Hoisin Salmon and Asparagus: The hoisin glaze adds so much flavor and it’s already paired with asparagus, all baked in one pan.
- Honey Mustard Salmon and Veggies: This sheet pan salmon recipe is made with potatoes, green beans, and tomatoes for a veggie-filled meal!
- Herb Crusted Salmon with Goat Cheese Polenta: This baked salmon is so good with cheesy polenta and roasted tomatoes. Such an easy dinner idea with no lack of flavor!
Quick and Easy Salmon Meals
Since fish cooks fast, you’ll never be in the kitchen long when you’re making salmon for dinner. These ideas are all so quick to make!
- Lemon Butter Salmon in Parchment: Salmon, asparagus, onions, lemon, and thyme are covered in a lemon butter sauce, and oven-baked wrapped in parchment paper. It’s such an easy way to make a whole meal!
- Air Fryer Salmon: Cooking salmon in the Air Fryer is so quick and easy. And the seasoning mix makes for a really simple, tasty, and healthy recipe that you can serve with rice and veggies.
- Baked Pesto Salmon: This basil walnut pesto is the perfect topping for flaky fish. It’s a simple recipe but it’s so flavorful! It’s so good served with pasta.
- Orange Glazed Salmon: The zesty, sweet, and savory orange glaze adds a kick of flavor, and like most salmon recipes, this dish is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Air Fryer Cilantro Lime Salmon: The cilantro lime flavor is so delicious, and it’s ready in 25 minutes. This is an easy salmon idea for any lunch or dinner.
Flavor-packed Salmon Dinner Ideas
These recipes are filled with flavor! Salmon isn’t boring when it’s so well-seasoned, cooked in delicious sauces, and served with your favorite side dishes.
- Caprese Stuffed Salmon: This recipe is literally filled with flavor. Mozzarella and tomatoes are stuffed right into the salmon, and it’s baked to perfection. Plus, the balsamic roasted tomatoes pair nicely on the side.
- Salmon Piccata: The super creamy, tangy, garlic-y sauce makes this recipe absolutely delectable! Serve it with pasta or veggies.
- Honey Garlic Salmon and Asparagus: This is one of my favorite salmon dinner ideas. The addition of asparagus and a tasty honey garlic sauce is just so delicious.
- Blackened Salmon: This blackened seasoning is a mix of spicy and savory flavors, and it coats the fish in a crispy, delicious texture.
- White Wine Dijon Salmon: Coated in a crispy garlic Parmesan crust and covered in a white wine dijon sauce, this recipe is perfect for special occasions and dinner guests!
What do you serve with salmon for dinner?
For healthy salmon dinner ideas, I usually serve it with some combination of grains and vegetables. A baked or grilled salmon fillet served over white or brown rice (like this Instant Pot basmati rice), along with broccoli or asparagus is a delicious and simple meal.
But one of the best things about salmon is that it can easily be served with all kinds of veggies, side dishes, pastas, salads, and more. It goes well with grilled veggies, vegetable stir fry, roasted baby potatoes, or cucumber tomato salad.
Now that you’ve got all these delicious salmon dinner ideas to choose from, you have no excuse not to make a healthy dinner tonight. With so many tasty and easy recipes, you’ll have meals for weeks!
More Easy Dinner Ideas
If you’re looking for more easy, healthy, and delicious dinner ideas for your weekly menus, we’ve got plenty more recipes for you to try.