APPLESAUCE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES are the perfect skinny(er) way to enjoy holiday baking! These soft chocolate chip cookies are loaded with chocolate and made with applesauce! Amazing flavor, less calories, and you can eat the dough with no worries!
IT’S HOLIDAY BAKING SEASON! Now, I know I’m a food blogger, and I have over 800 recipes on this site now, but baking still gives me the shakes. I’m STILL nervous after all this time, and every time I successfully make a sweet treat I’m ultra proud of myself. I may be more comfortable with the spicy and cheesy, but I for sure have a sweet tooth, so I’m taking baby steps until I become the baker of my dreams. These APPLESAUCE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES are the perfect EASY recipe that literally anyone can make and EVERYONE will love. They’re soft, chewy, so flavorful (the applesauce adds such dimension!) and BONUS, they’re a bit lower in calories than traditional cookies! So start your oven and lets get cooking!
I’m THRILLED to be an 2016 Reynolds Ambassador this year. Is there any better company on the planet! They’ve been walking me through this whole baking adventure and I couldn’t be more honored. You might remember my Salted Caramel Soft Batch Cookies from earlier in the year, one of my favorite recipes on the site! For that recipes, I used Reynolds® Parchment Paper and it worked like a charm. For this recipe, I used the ultra convenient Reynolds® Cookie Baking Sheets. They are already pre-cut to fit standard sized baking sheets, and I’m OBSESSED. They lie flat, are nonstick (so no spray needed!), and help to make your cookies evenly cooked every time. It’s the perfect tool for mess-free cooking. These cookies are so loaded with chocolate chips I worried they would stick, and they didn’t at all. My usually finicky oven cooked them all to perfection and I couldn’t be happier. Thanks Reynolds!
Okay back to the cookies. So much to love. Let’s start with the cookie dough. Since it doesn’t contain any raw eggs, it’s just way too tempting not to eat the batter with a spoon! I may or may not have eaten several cookies that way. Don’t judge! The batter just is so smooth and delicious. YUM!
They’re the perfect size to dip in a glass of milk, and the perfect size to eat more than one. I think you’ll be just as hooked on these Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies as I am. Just too good :)
Happy Holiday Baking. You can do it!!! Enjoy.
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup), room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup good quality milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup good quality semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Line a baking sheet with a precut Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheet. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the room temperature butter with the sugar. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour in the applesauce and continue to beat until fully mixed.
- Add in the baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, and 1 cup of the flour. Place the mixer on a lower setting and beat until combined. Add in the remaining cup flour and beat until just mixed. You don't want to over mix the dough.
- Use a spoon or spatula to mix in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small ice cream scoop (mine was a 1" scoop) to drop the cookies onto the baking sheet, about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are just golden brown and cooked through. (be sure not to over cook!)
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- **blogger tip: to make the cookies picture perfect, add a few extra chocolate chips to the top right after removing from the oven. pretty!
I’m THRILLED to be an 2016 Reynolds Ambassador. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!