Tater tot casserole is so cheesy and so easy! This delicious dish is filled with ground beef, green beans, cream of chicken, and cheese, then topped off with tater tots. Everyone will love this easy meal!
Classic Tater Tot Casserole
This classic tater tot casserole recipe is easy to make, and it’s sure to please everyone at the table. If you’re looking for something simple for dinner, this is it!
Why you’ll love this Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole recipe:
How to make this Kid Friendly Tater Tot Casserole
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a 9×13 baking dish.
- Season and cook the ground beef in a skillet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine green beans, cream of chicken, cheese, sour cream, ketchup, and soy sauce. Then mix in the ground beef.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish, then arrange the tater tots on top in a single layer.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top, and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!
Can you freeze tater tot casserole?
Yes, this recipe makes a great freezer meal! If you want to make it ahead of time, prep and assemble the casserole according to instructions.
Instead of baking it, let it cool, cover it with aluminum foil, then freeze up to 1 month. You can freeze it the same way after cooking if you have leftovers.
What to serve with this recipe?
With all of the ingredients in this casserole (beef, green beans, and tater tots), it’s a full meal on its own.
But if you’d like to add something extra, I’d recommend serving it with another veggie side, a salad, or maybe some bread.
How long do you cook tater tot casserole?
This casserole takes a total of 35-40 minutes to cook at 375 degrees F. The full prep and cook time should take you about 1 hour.
- Cook and season ground beef ahead of time to cut down on prep time.
- Keep the tater tots frozen while prepping. They’ll cook fully in the casserole.
- Cook the tater tot casserole uncovered.
- To store leftovers, cover the baking dish with plastic wrap, or scoop into an airtight container, and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Make this easy, cheesy tater tot casserole for your next weeknight dinner, and the whole family will be happy!
More Casserole Recipes we Love
- Loaded Hash Brown Potato Casserole
- Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
- Frito Pie Casserole
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!