These tasty Chicken Casserole Recipes will make dinner easy tonight! Throw everything in one dish and bake in the oven until hot and bubbly. Casseroles filled with chicken, cheese, rice, noodles, pasta, vegetables, and more make for the best comfort meal. The whole family will eat these right up.
Easy Chicken Casseroles for Dinner
What’s so great about casseroles? Making any of these easy chicken casserole recipes will answer that question fast.
They’re quick to prep and easy to make, which is a must when cooking weeknight dinners for the family. Throw a bunch of ingredients into a dish, bake until hot, and you’ll have the most delicious dinner in no time!
Better yet, they’re so tasty because they’re filled with the best foods: chicken, cheese, rice, noodles, vegetables, sauces…talk about comfort food!
Chicken Casseroles are also a great way to feed the whole family, because there’s plenty of food to go around, and they make great leftovers too. You can even make them ahead of time and keep them in the freezer, so dinner will be ready in a flash.
These are some of my all-time favorite recipes to make when I’m stuck on what to cook for dinner.
Leftover Chicken Casserole Recipes
Use any leftover chicken you have to make these quick and easy casseroles. You can use rotisserie, cubed, or shredded chicken to mix in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole: Turn the ultimate comfort food into a casserole, and it somehow becomes even more comforting. Everything you love about chicken pot pie is in this recipe too.
- Chicken Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole: This is one of those recipes you just have to have. It’s classic, it’s simple, it’s tasty, and it’s versatile. The crispy, cheesy cracker topping is the perfect finishing touch.
- King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese: 15 minutes of prep and you’ll have the most delicious baked mac and cheese recipe. Velveeta cheese, cream of mushroom soup, chunky tomatoes, and tons of other tasty stuff.
- Chicken Tetrazzini: Fettuccine noodles, rotisserie chicken, mushrooms, breadcrumbs, and cheese make for a dinner the whole family will enjoy.
- White Chicken Lasagna: This lasagna is made with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, lots of cheese, and a creamy white sauce that is just divine.
Comfort Food Casseroles
These traditional chicken casseroles are the definition of comfort food! Cheese, veggies, rice, and all the best ingredients make for the coziest dinner.
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole: This classic chicken casserole recipe is always a family favorite. Full of all the best Tex Mex ingredients, it’s sure to please all.
- Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie: I used buttermilk biscuits to top off the amazing ingredients in this comfort food classic. Make this ahead of time to freeze so it’s ready to bake when you’re short on time.
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice: Chicken thighs and rice are cooked in a creamy sauce with lots of cheese. Using a slow cooker is my new favorite way to make casseroles!
- Baked Chicken Salad Pie: A creamy, cheesy chicken salad mixture is baked in a flaky pie crust until hot and bubbly. Dig in because it’s delicious!
- No Peek Chicken: This traditional casserole is cheesy, savory, and tasty! Juicy chicken breasts are baked in a creamy rice mixture for a cozy dish.
Mexican Chicken Casseroles
- Chicken Nacho Casserole: This Tex Mex casserole is made with cream of chicken soup, Rotel, tortilla chips, juicy chicken, and more. It’s super easy to make!
- Mexican Lasagna: It’s like eating tacos in a casserole! Tortillas are used instead of noodles, and it’s filled with beans, shredded chicken, corn, cheese, and more.
- Skillet Chicken con Queso: Okay, this might be stretching the definition of casserole since it’s made on the stovetop. But it’s quick and easy, made in one pan, and filled with delicious ingredients. So trust me, it’s worth it!
- Enchilada Stuffed Pepper Casserole: This casserole is filled with rice, bell peppers, enchilada sauce, and tons of other stuff. And it cooks in about 30 minutes.
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas: Roll up these enchiladas and bake them in a casserole dish with lots of cheese, mole sauce, and spicy honey lime chicken. Dinner will be ready in 30 minutes!
Baked Pastas with Chicken
The whole family will love these easy, cheesy, pasta dishes. Made with chicken, noodles, sauces and of course plenty of cheese!
- Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake: Pillow-y gnocchi, broccoli, and cubes of chicken are cooked in a creamy sauce and topped with breadcrumbs. This is a restaurant-level Italian dish, but still easy to make.
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole: Turn classic chicken parmesan into an easy-to-eat casserole! Crispy breaded chicken, rigatoni, and marinara are cooked together for the most delicious family dinner.
- Chicken Lasagna Roll ups: Stuff lasagna noodles with chicken and alfredo sauce, roll them up, and bake with cheese. Every bite is incredible.
- Creamy Chicken Spaghetti: This baked spaghetti is super savory and creamy, and it’s a good freezer meal too. Rotel tomatoes and cream of mushroom soup are just a couple of the tasty ingredients.
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells: Jumbo shells are filled with tasty ingredients and baked to perfection.
These easy chicken casserole recipes will be your new go-to dinner any night of the week. Be prepared to make these again and again, because everyone is going to love them!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
If you’re not craving a casserole tonight, try these other delicious and easy dinners instead!