Make all the best football appetizers for your next game day party! Any of these football food ideas will satisfy a crowd of hungry fans, whether you’re tailgating or in the comfort of your own home.
Football Sunday is one of the best parts of the winter season, and football food is definitely the best part of game day. You need plenty of appetizers, snacks, and dips to keep everyone full, without distracting from the game.
These game day appetizers are all easy to make, easy to serve, and best of all, easy to eat! Keep it classic with chicken wings, jalapeno poppers, and plenty of cheese dips. And don’t forget the chili and sliders if you need to make it a meal.
Any of these appetizer recipes will fit right in at a tailgating or game day party, or on Super Bowl Sunday, and they’re perfect for feeding a crowd. Enjoy!
Classic Football Appetizers
These are the classic football appetizers you’d hope to find at any game day gathering. Put these out on the table, and guests will eat them up fast!
- Jalapeno Poppers: Jalapenos are stuffed with cream cheese, bacon, and more, then topped with breadcrumbs and baked to perfection. The best little bite for every game day celebration!
- Loaded Potato Skins: Cheesy potato skins loaded with bacon and sour cream are irresistible, and so easy to share.
- Buffalo Wings: You can’t have a game day party without some spicy buffalo wings! These are the best wings and they come out so crispy.
- Chicken Taquitos: Crispy taquitos are easy to grab and crunch while watching the big game. These are filled with chicken for a juicy bite!
- Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket: Here’s an appetizer that everyone will love, even the little ones.
- Egg Rolls: Crunchy fried egg rolls are so tasty, and fit right in with any appetizer tray. They’re hearty, filling, and so dippable!
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls: Make your own pizza rolls instead of grabbing the frozen ones. These are so easy to make in the Air Fryer!
- Beef Sheet Pan Nachos: A big sheet pan full of nachos is just the thing to serve a crowd of football fans. These are topped with beef, cheese, and all the other fixins.
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks: These cheese sticks are baked in the oven, but still just as crispy and crunchy as the fried kind.
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders: Chicken tenders are a great thing to serve at a football party because they’re easy to grab and eat as guests please. Don’t forget the dipping sauces!
Football Sunday Food Ideas
There always comes a point on game day when you’re ready for something a little more filling. These dishes are still easy to eat, and they’ll make you feel like you’re sneaking a real meal in after the appetizers.
- Pretzel Dogs: Why settle for hot dogs when you could have them inside of a salty pretzel? This is football food at its finest!
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili: This chili is by far our favorite meal to serve on football Sunday. It’s easy to make in an Instant Pot, it’s delicious, and it’s always a crowd favorite!
- Baked Chicken Empanadas: These empanadas are a great handheld food filled with flavor!
- Easy Chilaquiles: Heat up tortilla chips with salsa, add your favorite toppings, and eat. This recipe takes just minutes to make, so if you need a quick snack while the commercials are on, this is a must.
- Ham Salad: This creamy, delicious mixture is so good served on small rolls as sliders. Prep it ahead of time so it’s ready to serve.
- Baked Chicken Tacos: These crispy tacos have been a favorite around here for years! It’s such an easy way to make chicken tacos so they’re ready to eat when guests arrive.
- Toasted Ravioli: This appetizer is perfect for game day, and it’s so delicious dipped in marinara.
- Shrimp Corn Chowder: This chowder is creamy, cozy, and quick to make. It’ll give everyone a new kind of football food to look forward to all season long.
- Baked Meatball Sliders: Hearty, saucy meatballs and cheese are loaded up on slider rolls for an easy party food.
- Trashed Wings: Chicken wings are covered in buffalo sauce and double fried for maximum crunch and maximum flavor. One of the best football appetizers!
Game Day Snacks
Football Sunday needs plenty of snacks! These recipes can be set out for grazing while everyone watches the game.
- BBQ Chex Mix: The addition of BBQ flavor makes this snack mix unbelievably good! Set out a bowl of this and it’ll be gone in a flash!
- Ham Roll Ups: Thin slices of ham are wrapped around a savory cream cheese mixture for the most delicious bite!
- Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots: Crispy little tater tots and bacon in a bite-sized snack? Yes please!
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges: Potato wedges make a great snack to serve alongside burgers or sliders, and it’s easy to make multiple batches in the Air Fryer.
- Garlic Parmesan Pasta Chips: These crispy, cheesy pasta chips are so snackable! They’re delicious and quick to make, and even better when dipped in marinara.
- Crockpot Chex Mix: Making your own Chex Mix is so easy in a slow cooker, and it’s even more addicting than the stuff you buy at the store.
- Veggie Crescent Roll Pizza: Sneak a few healthy veggies into the game day food with this easy-to-make football appetizer. You can make it the day before and keep it in the fridge.
- Hot Buttered Cheerios: This sweet and salty snack mix can be made ahead of time so it’s ready for snacking as guests arrive.
- Homemade Gardettos: Another great snack mix to serve on football Sunday, and it can easily be made at home.
- Mexican Spice Cheese Crackers: These crackers have just enough spice to add little punch to the snack table.
Football Party Dips
What’s a game day party without dips? Serve these hot, cheesy dips with plenty of tortilla chips and dippers. They’ll go fast, and if you ask me, they’re always the best football appetizers.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip: The flavor of buffalo wings mixed into a cheesy dip makes the best appetizer for parties.
- Crab Dip: This super creamy, cheesy dip is filled with crab meat and a savory mix of seasonings. It’s quick to throw together and it’s always a crowd pleaser.
- Crockpot Corn Dip: A mix of corn, peppers, cheese, and lots of spices are combined in a crockpot to make the best game day dip!
- Instant Pot Queso Blanco: Every game day needs a queso recipe, and this one is unbeatable! It’s deliciously spicy and can be made in just about 15 minutes.
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken Dip: The combination of BBQ sauce, ranch, cheese, shredded chicken, and more makes for one amazing tailgating dip.
- Hot Bacon Feta Dip: This cream cheese dip is filled with bacon, feta, and pico de gallo, then baked until hot. It’s just so delicious!
- Crockpot Sausage Cream Cheese Dip: This is a classic dip that’s always loved by guests on Football Sunday. It’s so easy to make with only 3 ingredients, and it’s perfectly creamy.
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip: If you’re a fan of Philly Cheesesteaks, then you’ll love this cheesy dip. Juicy pieces of steak, cheese, onions, and more will melt in your mouth with every bite.
- Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip: A classic spinach artichoke dip is always welcome at parties, and this baked version comes out so bubbly and tasty.
- Rotel Velveeta Dip: This is the dip everyone will hope to find on game day. Chunky Rotel, Velveeta, sausage, and more load up this delectable dip!
Easy Tailgating Appetizers
These football appetizers are easy to make, easy to transport, and easy to eat! Individual sized portions and finger foods are great to pass around at any tailgating party.
- Air Fryer Sausage Balls: Cheesy, biscuit-coated sausage balls are the perfect finger food for dipping, and they’re so quick to make in the Air Fryer.
- Crockpot Cranberry Meatballs: Meatballs are a great football Sunday appetizer because it’s easy to make a lot and serve them up. These are a favorite because the cranberry glaze is just delicious!
- Pizza Cupcakes: Make these bite-sized pizzas in muffin tins! Cheese, pepperoni, and marinara is encased in dinner roll dough for the best bite.
- Enchilada Cups: Handheld appetizers are the best option for tailgating, and these fit the bill. All the flavor of enchiladas in an easy to hold tortilla cup!
- Garlic Parmesan Soft Pretzels: Pretzels are such a fun game day snack, and they’re so easy to make at home. The garlic parm flavor is irresistible!
- Cheeseburger Egg Rolls: Cheeseburger filling is stuffed inside of egg roll wrappers and quickly air fried up into the perfect football food. Don’t forget the ketchup for dipping!
- Crockpot Little Smokies: This classic appetizer is a must on game day. Bite-sized sausages covered in BBQ sauce are cooked up in a slow cooker for ease.
- Fritos Popcorn Chicken: Bite–sized pieces of chicken are covered in a spiced Frito’s coating and deep fried for the crunchiest snack.
Now that you have plenty of football appetizers and food ideas to choose from, your next game day gathering is sure to be a hit!
More Football Appetizers
Still looking for more dips, appetizers, chicken wings, finger foods, and snacks to serve on game day? Don’t worry, there are always more delicious recipes to try!
I may have to try some of these before the super bowl buffet. Hope you can bring these to my super bowl party.
wishes for tasty dishes, liinda
This round up looks incredible. I can’t wait to try out some of the recipes.
Oh my gosh, these all look so good especially those buffalo sliders!
Is it football season again already?? I am loving this football food!! Yum!!
Oh my goodness all of these look absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for including my buffalo chicken sliders. I’ve never been into the game but the PARTY and the FOOD for sure. I’m definitely making at least a couple of these for the next game day get-together I go to!
What a fun list to have handy for football season! Bookmarked for game day!
I’m not much for the game, but I LOVE the food!
This is such a great collection of recipes!
Football or not, I’d happily eat these any day! Thanks for including me!
Those wings are calling my name! I can’t wait to try some new game day eats – thanks for the delish round-up!