It’s time to get cozy with the ultimate comfort food! This chicken noodle soup is so easy to make in the Instant Pot, and is sure to warm your soul. Made from scratch, it’s the perfect way to warm up this winter.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Grab your pressure cooker and let’s go!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: Because this soup is made in the Instant Pot, there’s no watching bubbling pots on the stovetop. Simple to make and delicious to eat.
- HEALTHY: Low in fat and calories and loaded with protein and fresh veggies, this is a soup you can feel good about.
- KID FRIENDLY: This is a great family meal that even your pickiest eaters will love!
If you are looking for a filling dinner that will warm your heart and soul, you can’t go wrong with this delicious chicken noodle soup recipe!
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Season the chicken and brown in the Instant Pot. Set aside.
- Soften the vegetables with the seasoning.
- Add the chicken back to the pot and pour in the broth.
- Cook on pressure and natural release.
- Remove the chicken and shred.
- Add the noodles and cook til tender.
- Stir the chicken back into the soup.
- Season and serve.
Poultry seasoning is readily available to buy in stores. Primarily, it’s a mix of marjoram, thyme, sage, and rosemary and other ingredients like pepper, basil or celery seed may be added.
I prefer to make this recipe with chicken thighs. They are higher in fat so have more flavor and don’t dry out, though you can use breast meat if you prefer. You can also use cooked shredded chicken, just add it into the soup at the end of cooking to warm through to serve.
To make this recipe in a slow cooker, add all of the ingredients in the Crockpot, except the noodles, and stir together. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, then shred the chicken and add back to the slow cooker with the noodles. Cook on low for 20 to 30 minutes til the noodles are tender. Be sure to check out my stovetop chicken noodle soup too.
This chicken noodle soup will freeze well, but if you plan on making it ahead, don’t add in the noodles, as these will absorb a lot of moisture and will break up. Make up the soup, but skip the noodles, let cool and freeze in containers for up to 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating on the stovetop or in the Instant Pot. Add in the noodles and cook til tender to serve.
This Instant Pot chicken noodle soup is a hearty meal all by itself, or serve with a bread side to mop up all of that broth. Try it with….
Hearty, filling and loaded with the good stuff, this is one satisfying soup recipe!
- If making ahead of time, don’t add in the noodles until you are ready to serve.
- Once made, the soup will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- You can easily add other veggies you have to hand to this soup. Bell peppers or mushrooms make great additions.
Warm your body and soul with this delicious chicken pasta soup. Simple to make all in one pot, every spoonful is so delicious!
What type of noodles are best for chicken noodle soup?
Any wide egg noodles work great in this soup, though you can add any pasta that you have to hand.
Can I use gluten free noodles?
Yes! You can make this soup gluten-free bu using your favorite GF pasta.
Can I use turkey instead of chicken?
Turkey works great in this soup. It’s a delicious way to use up Thanksgiving or Christmas leftovers!
More Cozy Instant Pot Recipes We Love
- Instant Pot Turkey Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Hamburgers
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
This Instant Pot chicken noodle soup is one delicious dish that the whole family will love. This is a great go to recipe when you want something hearty, warming and comforting.
More Easy Chicken Soup Recipes to Try:
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- White Chicken Lasagna Soup
- Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Chicken Mac and Cheese Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.