Rich, creamy and so easy to make, these baked parmesan creamed potatoes are a delicious side perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This potato casserole has a crispy panko topping and is wonderfully cheesy.
- Creamed Parmesan Potatoes
- Why you’ll love these Parmesan Creamed Potatoes:
- How to make parmesan creamed potatoes
- What are the best potatoes to use?
- Can you make it ahead of time?
- What do you serve them with?
- 60+ Holiday Side Dishes
- More Potato Recipes
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- Roasted Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Scalloped Potatoes
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Mashed Potatoes
- Funeral Potatoes
- Loaded Hash Brown Potato Casserole
- Fondue Mashed Potatoes (Pommes Aligot)
- Parmesan Creamed Potatoes Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Creamed Parmesan Potatoes
They are wonderfully indulgent and so cheesy and creamy, and the crunchy topping is super delicious!
Why you’ll love these Parmesan Creamed Potatoes:
- Make ahead: If you are looking to get ahead of the game, this is a great option. They can be prepped the day before and then baked in the oven when you are ready to serve.
- Perfect for a crowd: This recipe will easily serve 10, so it’s a great choice for Thanksgiving and the holidays.
- Simple ingredients: Sometimes the best things are in life are simple! Potatoes, cream, cheese and butter and you are good to go!
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to make parmesan creamed potatoes
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the parmesan, breadcrumbs, melted butter and salt and set aside.
- Place the potatoes, cream, baking soda and seasonings in a large pot and simmer until tender.
- Stir in the remaining cream and butter.
- Place the potatoes into a baking dish and top the the panko and parmesan mix.
- Bake until golden brown.
What are the best potatoes to use?
I like to use starchy potatoes for this recipe, yellow, Yukon Gold and Russet all work well. It’s best to stay away from waxy potatoes like reds or fingerlings.
Can you make it ahead of time?
This is a great option if you are looking for a make ahead side dish. After the potatoes and cream have been transferred to the baking dish, let them cool completely. Cover with foil and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
When ready to cook, bake (covered) about 30 minutes or until heated through. Add the topping and continue baking (uncovered) 15-20 minutes or until hot, bubbly and golden.
What do you serve them with?
These parmesan creamed potatoes are great with roasted meats, fish, and of course roast turkey! Serve them up with your favorite veggies sides for a real feast. Try serving them with any of these mains:
- Prime Rib Roast
- Bourbon Brown Sugar Salmon
- Beef Wellington
- Whole Roast Chicken with Herbs de Provence
Try ALL the Sides
60+ Holiday Side Dishes
This Thanksgiving we hope you enjoy as many sides as possible with this Roast Turkey Breast!
- Light or heavy cream are the best choices for this recipe. Milk or Half and Half have a tendency to “break”.
- Cut the potatoes into similar sized pieces so that they cook evenly.
- Leftovers will keep well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days and can be reheated, covered, in the oven at 350F until warmed through.
More Potato Recipes
Potato side dishes are just made for the holidays! Check out our other favorite potato recipes that are must-makes for your entertaining table.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.