Get tropical with these delicious passionfruit margaritas! This pitcher cocktail is easy to make and very easy to drink!
Pitcher Of Passionfruit Margaritas
Full of zesty and tropical flavors, this Mexican inspired drink is sure to get the party started!
Why you’ll love this Passionfruit Margarita recipe:
- PERFECT FOR A CROWD: This pitcher cocktail makes enough for six delicious drinks so it’s a great option if you are entertaining!
- EASY: Made with just a few ingredients, it only takes 5 minutes to make a big batch.
- MAKE AHEAD: This is a great make ahead cocktail to serve, leaving you more time to be the hostess with the mostest!
How to make Passionfruit Margaritas
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix together the passion fruit, honey and lime juice with the tequila and cointreau in a large pitcher.
- Fill with ice and place in lime slices.
- Rim glasses with lime juice and salt.
- Pour and enjoy!
Can you make it ahead of time?
Yes, this is a great make ahead cocktail! Make it up according to the recipe, but don’t add the ice. Just cover it and place in the fridge to shill, then add the ice right before serving.
If you add the ice too early it will melt and dilute the drink.
Can you use triple sec?
I like to use cointreau for these passionfruit margaritas. It has a bolder orange flavor compared to triple sec so works great with the passionfruit. If you only have triple sec, you can of course use that, it will just be a more subtle flavor.
Triple sec is also lower in alcohol, so if you aren’t a big drinker it could be a better option for you.
How to garnish
Garnishes are a great way to add aroma and color to your cocktail. You can stick with a traditional lime wedge, or try adding a herb garnish like mint or basil. Sliced jalapenos will add a spicy twist.
However you choose to garnish this cocktail, be sure not to forget the lime and salt rim!
Cheers my Dears
20 Best Margarita Recipes
See our guide for How to Make Margaritas including all our fave go-to recipes.
- You can use fresh passion fruit pulp or the frozen one, you can find it at most supermarkets on the frozen aisle (Goya has one!).
- Feel free to swap the honey for agave syrup or simple syrup.
- Don’t add the ice to the pitcher until you are ready to serve.
- Drink your passionfruit margaritas responsibly!
These passionfruit margaritas are a fun and colorful variation to everyones favorite cocktail. Be sure to make a double batch as this will disappear quickly!
More Cinco de Mayo Recipes we Love
- Blackberry Paloma Recipe
- Blender Salsa
- Margarita Guacamole
- Churros with Chocolate Sauce
- White Queso
- Chicken Tacos
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!