Prepare the perfect copycat version of PF Changs Lettuce Wraps with this simple, stress-free recipe. You can make these tasty appetizers with simple ingredients, such as ground chicken, grated ginger, and more.
- Copycat Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Why You’ll Love this Lettuce Wraps Recipe:
- How to Make PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
- PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe Notes
- Serving Suggestions
- How can I make these lettuce wraps vegetarian?
- What can I use instead of water chestnuts?
- Can I double this recipe?
- More Copycat Dinner Recipes We Love
- More 30 Minute Chicken Recipes to Try:
- PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Email This Recipe
- Becky’s tips
- Nutrition Information
Copycat Chicken Lettuce Wraps
When you go to PF Changs, do you always make sure to get an order of their incredible lettuce wraps? If so, you need this fun and simple PF Changs Lettuce Wraps recipe in your life. Learn how to prepare a flavorful dish at home using simple ingredients, such as hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ground chicken, and butter lettuce.
Why You’ll Love this Lettuce Wraps Recipe:
- EASY: The recipe is so simple that you’ll look forward to making these copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps regularly.
- TASTY: You’ll fall in love with the incredible taste of these delicious lettuce wraps.
- PERFECT FOR ALL OCCASIONS: You can make these lettuce wraps when hosting friends and family or prepare them specifically for yourself!
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that this is a copycat recipe for a product from a trademarked brand. PF Chang’s is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
These PF Changs Lettuce Wraps are a huge hit. You can prepare them with fresh, flavorful ingredients at home.
Email This Recipe
Enter your email and we’ll send the recipe directly to you!
How to Make PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk your soy sauce with vinegar, corn starch, hoisin, and sriracha before setting it to the side until you’re ready to use it.
- Put sesame oil in a pan and then add your ground chicken, breaking it up into pieces and cooking for about seven minutes.
- Add your garlic, ginger, and onion into the pan and continue to saute for about four minutes.
- Put the sauce in the pan with the chicken, stirring until you’ve coated your chicken.
- Toss in the water chestnuts and green onions.
- Fill your pieces of butter lettuce with a spoonful or two of the chicken mixture.
PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe Notes
- Hoisin Sauce: Adds sweetness and smokiness to the lettuce wraps that is unique to the PF Chang’s version – don’t skip it! Be sure to use gluten free hoisin sauce if you plan to make this gluten free.
- Soy Sauce: Use coconut aminos or tamari for a gluten free option.
- Vinegar: Rice wine vinegar adds sweetness and acidity.
- Sriracha: Adds spice and heat – use as much or as little as you like.
- Cornstarch: Thickens the sauce so it really coats the chicken.
- Sesame Oil: Adds nutty flavor and prevents the chicken from sticking to the pan.
- Chicken: Ground chicken is traditionally used in this recipe, but you could also make these lettuce wraps using ground turkey, pork, or beef. If using beef, make sure to drain any excess fat before adding the sauce.
- Water Chestnuts: Add crunch to the wraps! You could also use bamboo shoots if you prefer.
- Green Onions: Add freshness and flavor – save a handful to serve on top!
- Lettuce: Use any large leaf lettuce for serving. Butter lettuce is a classic for these wraps because it’s softer and more mild than other lettuces.
Lettuce wraps are a flavorful food consisting of seasoned and sauteed meat wrapped in butter lettuce for a healthy and refreshing taste.
Yes. Instead of ground chicken, try ground turkey, pork, or beef. If using beef, make sure to drain any excess fat before adding the sauce.
It’s best to use butter lettuce because of its soft, light texture and large size that makes it easy to use for wrapping the meat.
Store the meat in an airtight container separate from the lettuce for up to 3 days. Assemble the wraps as you plan to eat them.
The wraps can be a meal in themselves, but you can also add an easy side as well.
- Sauteed Asparagus
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Asian Cucumber Salad
These wraps make a great addition to your healthy menu plan. They are easy to make and full of flavor thanks to the Asian inspired spices.
- If you want to make the dish a bit spicier, add more sriracha to the ground chicken.
- Be sure to drain your water chestnuts and then dice them into small pieces before you use them in this recipe.
- If the cornstarch starts settling into the bottom of your sauce mixture before you get the chance to use it, give it a good mixing to fix it.
Enjoy the delicious taste of these PF Changs Lettuce Wraps. You can make them with ease in less than 30 minutes!
How can I make these lettuce wraps vegetarian?
Instead of using ground chicken, you can use firm tofu or any other meat alternative, including vegan meat crumbles.
What can I use instead of water chestnuts?
If you don’t have water chestnuts, some of the best alternatives to use include Jerusalem artichokes or white turnips, both of which have a similar taste and consistency.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes! If you need to feed a crowd, feel free to double the recipe.
More Copycat Dinner Recipes We Love
- Olive Garden Salad with Copycat Dressing
- Copycat Carrabba’s Sausage Lentil Soup
- Fiesta Lime Chicken (Applebee’s Copycat)
- Copycat McRib Sandwich
This copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps recipe will blow you away. It’s so simple and will leave you with the tastiest wraps you’ve ever tried.
More 30 Minute Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- Tuna Poke Bowl
- Baked Ranch Chicken with Bacon
- Baked Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake
- Oven-Fried Chicken Breast
- White Chicken Chili Recipe with Cream Cheese
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.