Sometimes you want something delicious to enjoy! These Raspberry Chocolate Coconut Bars are what you need. They are sweet, crunchy, soft, and chewy – all in one!
Decadent Raspberry Chocolate Coconut Bars
If you love a good layered bar, these raspberry chocolate coconut ones will quickly become a new favorite. They are made with layers of ingredients that create a unique taste that everyone will love.
These bars are great for sharing! You can take them to potlucks, family gatherings or even add them to your holiday dessert platters. Made with sweetened coconut, roasted peanuts, and seedless raspberry preserves – you are going to LOVE this recipe!
Why You’ll Love this Raspberry Coconut Layer Bar Recipe:
- FULL OF FLAVOR: These coconut bars have many different elements to them that give them a full range of flavors.
- ADJUSTABLE SIZES: These bars can be cut into the perfect square for serving. You can make them as big or as small as you need.
- VERSATILE TREAT: Raspberry coconut bars are great for an after work or school snack, they are filling and taste like heaven! You can also enjoy them after dinner or even for breakfast with a cup of coffee.
These Raspberry Chocolate Coconut Bars are super simple to make! You can have the kids help with this easy bar recipe. They will love mixing the ingredients together and pressing the crust into the pan.
How to Make Raspberry Chocolate Coconut Bars
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter to create a crumbly mixture.
- Press the flour mixture into the prepared 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the crust is light brown.
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, flour, baking powder, salt and egg together.
- Stir in chocolate, coconut and pecans.
- Pour the milk mixture over the hot crust.
- Bake for for 20-25 minutes.
- Spread the preserves over the top.
- Sprinkle the coconut over top and press into the preserves.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Recipe Notes (optional)
- You need cold butter to make the crust. Room temperature or melted butter will not work.
- Any type of chocolate chips will work in these bars. You can use semi-sweet, milk or even dark chocolate.
- Switch up the raspberry preserves for your favorite flavor jam or jelly.
These bars are similar to magic cookie bars, but have a few different elements. Both bars are layered but these bars use raspberry preserves and coconut as a layer.
The best pan to use for Raspberry Chocolate Coconut Bars is a 9-inch square pan. This will give you a thick bar that is easy to cut.
Yes! You can double this recipe. Just multiple everything by 2 and have another pan on hand!
You can freeze these bars two ways. Freeze the whole pan together (covered) OR you can cut the bars and individually wrap the bars. You can then pull them out of the freezer as you want to enjoy them.
These raspberry bars make a great addition to any holiday event or family gathering. You can make these in advance and save them for when you are ready to eat them.
All the Holiday Cookies
25+ Favorite Christmas Cookies
Baking and Christmas go hand in hand. See our guide for our fave recipes + tips and tricks for perfect cookies.
- You can use the bottom of the glass to press the crust into your baking dish. You can also use your hand or the back of a measuring cup.
- Make sure to press the shredded coconut into the preserves so they stick and don’t fall out.
- It’s best to allow the bars to cool completely before slicing. They will be easier to slice into bars when they are cool.
Remember that these bars are also easy to freeze! As long as you place them in an airtight container, you can freeze them for up to six months. You can keep them in the fridge for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
What other kinds of jams work well?
Any jam will work in this recipe! You can use strawberry, apricot or even apple.
Can I use white chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate?
White chocolate chips would be a great substitute for the semi-sweet chocolate.
More Easy Dessert Recipes We Love
Whether you’re making a batch of these for your next party or you just need a snack to stash in your freezer, these coconut bars are homemade and ready to be enjoyed.
More Brownies and Bars to Try:
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
- Lemon Bars
- Strawberry Brownies
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!