This homemade roasted butternut squash soup is sure to warm your soul. Slightly sweet with flavors of ginger and apple, and topped with optional cinnamon croutons, this is one fall soup recipe that you can’t miss!
Best Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Get warm and cozy with this seasonal butternut squash soup recipe. Whole butternut squash is roasted to caramelize it, bringing out it’s natural sweetness. Made with apple and warming ginger, this is the soup I can’t get enough of!
I love to top this soup my my cinnamon croutons for added texture and flavor, and they certainly are a delicious addition!
Why you’ll love this Roasted Butternut Squash Soup recipe:
- EASY: This soup takes a little time to make as we roast the vegetables, but the time is hands off with no tricky techniques to master.
- MAKE AHEAD: Perfect to enjoy throughout the week and freezer friendly too.
- HEALTHY: Loaded with vitamins and minerals from the vegetables, this soup is low in calories and fats.
This roasted butternut soup is a perfect way to warm up during a cold day. Bursting with flavor and full of the good stuff, it’s hard to say no to!
How to make Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Peel and chop the vegetables for roasting.
- Add to a large roasting pan and toss in the oil and maple mix.
- Roast until tender.
- Pour broth into the pan and deglaze.
- Puree the vegetables until smooth.
- Add the puree to a pot with broth and seasoning.
Try ALL the Sides
60+ Holiday Side Dishes
This Thanksgiving we hope you enjoy as many sides as possible with this Roast Turkey Breast!
This recipe is already meat-free, but to make this soup plant-based, simply swap the chicken stock for vegetable stock.
Yes, but make sure the soy sauce you are using is gluten free. Use gluten free bread for the croutons or omit altogether.
As it is, this recipe will easily serve 6. You can double it easily, just make sure you have a big enough pot and use a larger roasting tin.
This soup will keep well frozen for up to 6 months. Here’s how to freeze soup: Once made, let the soup cool fully before placing in a freezer safe container. Thaw the soup in the fridge overnight before reheating on the stovetop.
The cinnamon croutons really add the wow to this soup! Once made, let the cool and keep in an airtight contianer and room temperature for up to 2 weeks. They are great for snacking too!
This soup is so delicious on it’s own, or serve it up with some homemade bread. Try it with:
This whole roasted butternut soup is seriously good! It tastes so indulgent, but it’s actually good for you! What more could you ask for?!
- The vegetables should be fork tender once roasted so that they are easy to blend into a smooth puree.
- Although a bit of a pain, do make sure to peel the veggies so that you have a nice smooth puree.
- The soup will keep well refrigerated for 4 to 5 days.
- Here are some tips on how to cut and peel butternut squash.
This is no ordinary roasted butternut squash soup. The flavors really are out of this world, and so comforting.
When you need a bit of comfort, you really can’t go wring with this veggie packed recipe. This roasted butternut squash soup will leave you wanting more!
More Cozy Soup Recipes We Love
- Turkey Wild Rice Soup
- Swedish Meatball Soup
- White Chicken Lasagna Soup
- Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.