Easy to prep, this roasted butternut squash is finished with and earthy and herbal browned butter and sage sauce for a delicious side dish. Perfect for fall dinners, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Table of Contents
Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
Super easy to prep, this is a tasty way to make the most out of the seasons’ produce, and it definitely won’t be out of place on your Thanksgiving table!
Why you will love this roasted butternut squash recipe!
- Easy: Simple to prep before it gets baked in the oven. This side is totally hassle free!
- Few ingredients: No fancy ingredients are needed for this recipe, and most of which you’ll have to hand already.
- Meat-free: This vegetable side is perfect for vegetarians and it’s also gluten-free.
How to make roasted butternut squash with browned butter & sage
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Peel, half and deseed the butternut squash and cut into slices.
- Place the slices on a sheet pan, season and roast.
- Melt the butter and add the remaining ingredients. Cook until the butter darkens.
Can you make this ahead of time?
This squash is best right out of the oven, but you can prep the butternut squash the night before to save you time on the day. If you do have leftovers, they will keep covered in the fridge for 4 days.
How to reheat
If you do decide to roast the squash a day or two before you plan to serve it, or have leftovers, the squash is easy to reheat. You can either heat it through in a skillet on the stovetop or in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes or so until warmed through.
What do you serve with it?
This roasted butternut squash with sage is perfect to serve up with your Thanksgiving turkey, but it’s also great with chicken, meat, fish and veggie dishes. try it with:
- Cut the squash slices at a similar thickness so that they cook through evenly.
- Use fresh sage for the best flavor. If you don’t like sage, you can use another herb like rosemary or thyme.
- Roast the quash in a fully pre-heated oven.
Try ALL the Sides
60+ Holiday Side Dishes
This Thanksgiving we hope you enjoy as many sides as possible with this Roast Turkey Breast!
More Vegetable Side Dishes
This Roasted Butternut Squash is an amazing vegetable side. Be sure to try all of our favorites.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!