These easy leftover ham recipes are the best way to use up any cooked ham after the holidays. All of these tasty soups, casseroles, and sandwiches will help you finish that extra spiral ham you have from Easter, Christmas, or Thanksgiving. There are plenty of ham leftover ideas for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, including ham sliders, ham and potato casserole, ham fried rice, ham and bean soup, and more.
What to do with Leftover Ham
After Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, or really any holiday, you probably have some leftover spiral ham that’s just waiting to be eaten. Don’t let it sit in your fridge and go to waste–make these easy leftover ham recipes instead!
You can use slices or cubes of ham to make sandwiches, soups, pastas, casseroles, and lots of other tasty dishes, so you won’t be stuck eating the same plate of food again and again.
Leftover Ham Recipes (Soups, Casseroles, and More!)
No need to agonize over what to make with that leftover ham, because these recipes are all easy and delicious!
- Ham Fried Rice: Rice, leftover cubes of ham, and mixed vegetables pan-fry up in just 15 minutes for a quick and easy meal!
- Ham and Potato Casserole: Diced ham and potatoes are baked with tons of cheese and a creamy sauce to make a comforting leftover casserole.
- Ham and Potato Soup: This quick and easy soup is filled with cubes of ham, hearty potatoes, veggies, and a delightfully creamy base. And it only takes 30 minutes to make!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu: Chicken breasts are stuffed with ham and cheese, coated in breadcrumbs, and baked until crispy.
- Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup: Make this hearty soup in just 20 minutes! It’s a super easy way to use up your leftover ham in the days after a holiday dinner.
- Loaded Cornbread Casserole: Throw some diced ham into this casserole, along with extra cans of corn, a box of corn muffin mix, and a few other ingredients.
Lunch Ideas with Leftover Ham
Make your Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Easter leftovers a little more exciting with these lunch ideas. Sandwiches are always a great way to use extra food.
- Ham and Cheese Sliders: These hot, baked sliders are an easy post-holiday lunch. Use leftover slices of ham and extra bags of Hawaiian rolls (I always buy extra for holidays) to make them!
- Tortilla Roll-ups: Cut up your ham and mix it with cream cheese and ranch, then roll it up inside some tortillas. It’s a great snack or appetizer for when people start to get hungry again.
- Ham Salad: This creamy mix of ham, celery, and sweet relish is perfect to serve as sliders on leftover dinner rolls.
- Hawaiian Pizza Grilled Cheese: Slices of ham, cheese, and pineapple rings make the most delicious spin on grilled cheese. It’s such a quick leftover sandwich idea!
- Cheesy Sandwich Skewers: Slices of leftover ham, turkey, and cheese are piled onto buns, coated in garlic butter, and baked in the oven.
Use Ham Leftovers for Breakfast
Use any spiral ham leftovers from your holiday dinner to make breakfast the next morning! Whether you have lingering guests to feed, or just a few people, these recipes are perfect.
- Apple, Ham, and Cheese Frittata: This amazing frittata is filled with apple, onion, cheese, hash browns, and ham.
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole: This egg casserole is so easy to make. Filled with cubes of leftover bread, ham, and cheese, it’s just so tasty.
- Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos: This is such a great way to use up that extra ham, because you can make a batch of burritos and freeze them for later. Nothing will go to waste!
- Cheesy Baked Breakfast Sliders: Pile on slices of ham and cheese, along with eggs, to make these irresistible sliders in 30 minutes.
- Egg Mcmuffins: Use ham instead of Canadian bacon to make these breakfast sandwiches for a quick, on-the-go meal post-holiday.
With all of these easy leftover ham recipes, you’ll have plenty of tasty meals to eat after your holiday feast is done!