Pepperoni and Mushroom Cauliflower Pizza is LOW CARB and delicious! EASY and healthy recipe still full of flavor!
Why did it take me so long to try Cauliflower Pizza?? I have been seeing delicious posts about the greatness of cauliflower pizza crust for so long, but never actually tried it. TODAY IS THE DAY!! And verdict is…WE LOVED IT! Yes I loaded it with cheese and toppings…but I’m going to tell myself it’s still healthy. That’s logical…right?
Obviously we LOVE pizza in this house, and we were really missing out by not trying the cauliflower crust sooner. CAULIFLOWER PIZZA FOR THE WIN! It still has crunch, tons of flavor, and is super light on carbs. WIN WIN WIN!! I like it.
I was so excited to join in on the Chopped At Home Challenge again presented by Sargento. You might remember when I participated last year. I still dream about that yummy recipe! This year, the flavor challenge was Cauliflower, Mushrooms, and Leeks. And of course CHEESE! Sargento Sharp Cheddar Finely Shredded to be exact. Only the best! It was so fun to dream up a recipe that used all four ingredients. You can see all the entries HERE. What would you have made?
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon good quality pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup Sargento Sharp Cheddar Finely Shredded
- 8 pepperonis
- 1/4 cup crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoons chopped leeks
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and add a splash of water. Cover. Microwave for 3 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool.
- Place cauliflower in a high powered blender or food processor and pulse until fully chopped and in tiny pieces. It will almost be grated.
- Add the egg, 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and basil. Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture onto the baking sheet and form the shape of crust you want. Pat down to create a flat surface.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray, then bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch.
- Spoon on the sauce, followed by both types of cheeses, leeks, mushrooms, and pepperonis.
- Bake for other 10 minutes until melty.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.