Everyone’s favorite comfort food just got even more delicious! This air fryer grilled cheese recipe is made with two types of cheese and is cooked to gooey, crispy perfection!
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
I seriously don’t know anyone who would turn their noses up at a grilled cheese sandwich! It’s perfect in it’s simplicity!
Making them in the air fryer guarantees the most perfect results every single time, and clean up is a breeze too!
Grab your air fryer and let’s go!
Why you’ll love this Air Fryer Grilled Cheese recipe:
- SO EASY: This has to be one of the easiest recipes on the blog, but that doesn’t mean that it’s no less delicious!
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Bread, cheese and butter is all you need, and you are on your way to perfect comfort food.
- KID FRIENDLY: EVERYONE loves grilled cheese, even your picky eaters will devour these!
How to make Grilled Cheese in an Air Fryer
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Butter the bread.
- Place slices of cheese on each piece of bread to make a sandwich.
- Cook in the air fryer, flipping halfway.
What’s the best cheese to use?
I make these with cheddar and Swiss cheese slices. I find that sliced cheese creates a super even filling, but you can use shredded if you prefer. You can make these with other cheeses too, as long as they are quite melty. Jack or mozzarella would work well.
What’s the best bread to use?
For me, run of the mill white sliced bread is perfect for the most comforting grilled cheese, but you can of course make these with whatever you have to hand. Whole wheat or sour dough both work great. I have a recipe for sandwich bread if you want to try your hand at something fully homemade!
What do you serve it with?
This air fryer grilled cheese sandwich is perfect just by itself for a light lunch, or serve it up with some tomato soup or a fresh side salad. For something a bit more filling and carb heavy, it’s great to serve with some shoestring fries.
- Butter the side of the bread that will be on the outside of the sandwich to get it nice and crispy.
- Try swapping the butter for mayonnaise!
- Feel free to add in other fillings to the sandwich like pulled pork, green onions or bacon.
This air fryer grilled cheese is all kinds of delicious. I LOVE grilled cheese, and let me tell you, this is one of the best I’ve had!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!