Pigs in a Blanket with Cheese and Parmesan Ranch Butter will be all the rage at your next party. This Crescent Roll Recipe is easy, fun, and oh so delicious. These Lil’ Smokies wrapped in sharp cheddar, crescent roll dough, and brushed with parmesan ranch butter are sure to be a hit.
The best Pigs in a Blanket Recipe
Pigs in a blanket are such a fun finger food. We’re using Lil Smokies with Cheese and Ranch Parmesan Butter to put a creative twist on a classic party appetizer. Crescent rolls stuffed with sausages are so fun and tasty. Even the kids will love them!
Pigs in a Blanket with Cheese
Classic Pigs in a Blanket are great, but this recipe with CHEESE and Ranch Parmesan Butter is AMAZING!
I can’t get enough Sharp Cheddar Slices and they were just perfect in this cheesy recipe. Just the right amount of creamy zip to bring to the party. YUM! I love a bit of cheese anywhere I can find it, and this fun appetizer recipe is no different.
Easy Party Appetizers
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Bites,
- Baked Ham and Cheese Mozzarella Sticks
- Pepper Jelly Hogs in a Blanket
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Best Guacamole
- Shrimp and Grits Appetizer Cups
- Homemade Chex Mix
- Jalapeno Popper Tortilla Roll Ups
- Homemade Baked Mozzarella Sticks
Why do you call them Pigs in a Blanket?
Traditionally, this recipe has little smokies, hot dogs, Vienna sausages, or breakfast sausages wrapped in some sort of pastry, such as crescent dough, biscuit dough, or pancake mix. So they are pigs (pork) wrapped in a blanket of dough, hence the cute name!
These have been a party and potluck favorite for generations, I’ve just updated it a bit by adding cheese to these, and then smothering them in ranch parmesan butter. Amazing, right?
Top tips for making this recipe
I used to be so nervous about big get togethers (such as graduation parties) when potluck food was involved. WHAT WOULD I BRING?! This food journey has been so fun, but most of all it has shown me there are so many simple and delicious recipes out there that anyone can make (and EVERYONE will love).
These Cheesy Lil’ Smokies pigs in a blanket are a perfect example. These are too easy not to try! (And that parmesan ranch butter…OMG).
Tips for the perfect appetizer:
- Roll out and separate the crescent roll dough, then cut the triangles in half to make them even smaller.
- Place a square of cheese and a lil’ smokey on a triangle of dough, roll it up, and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat until they’re all assembled.
- Mix melted butter, ranch seasoning, and parmesan in a bowl, then brush the mixture onto each one.
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 425°F.
That’s all there is to it. Don’t forget to bring some ranch for dipping!
Pigs in a Blanket with Cheese are the ultimate party appetizer. Be sure to check out all of our game day recipes, New Year’s Eve appetizers, and dip recipes. We have a lot to choose from! We have something for everyone. Wash down all those starters with the perfect drink and you’re really in business.
I just love how this combination of cheese, lil smokies, and crescent rolls are like little bites of heaven. You’ll have to make it to believe it. Don’t forget to make that legendary Parmesan Ranch Butter!
If you loved this recipe, you’ll love these other appetizers too:
- Baked Ham & Cheese Sticks
- Pretzel Dogs
- Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
- Sausage Rolls with Hot Pepper Jelly
- Swedish Meatballs
- Orange Marmalade Meatballs
- Deviled Eggs Recipe
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!