Cheesy Potato Soup is filled with hearty vegetables, potatoes, and lots of cheese! This cheesy potato chowder is a great soup to chow down on during cold winter nights. It’s warm, it’s easy to make, and it’s so delicious. This cheesy potato soup recipe is perfect!
Table of Contents
Cheesy Potato Soup
This Cheesy Potato Soup recipe is exactly what I want to be eating on a cold winter evening. It’s filled with cheese, veggies, and potatoes…what’s not to love?
Winter time means SOUP TIME. I never get tired of soup recipes and I hope you guys don’t either. They’re so versatile and so easy to make, which means they’re one of my favorites.
This Cheesy Potato Soup recipe has everything you need in a good soup recipe: lots of veggies, a creamy base, and cheese. It’s warm, it’s simple, it’s tasty…I can’t wait to make another batch! This is basically a potato chowder, with a nice cheesy base. Oh, and have I mentioned the cheesy part yet?
If you need an easy soup to make this week, then this potato soup recipe is just perfect!
This Cheesy Potato Chowder is a nice creamy soup filled with flavor. It’s easy to make and just so tasty!
Cheesy Potato Chowder
This cheesy potato soup recipe is just too good. There’s nothing better than a cheesy chowder filled with potatoes and veggies to warm you up. It so flavorful and it’s sure to fill you up!
Cheesy Potato Chowder Ingredients:
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Yellow Onion
- Green Peppers
- Bell Peppers
- Jalapenos (optional)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded Gruyere or Swiss Cheese
- Chicken Broth
How to Make Cheesy Potato Soup
This cheesy potato soup recipe is really straightforward, and it takes less than an hour from start to finish. Just dice up the veggies, throw everything in a pot, and let it cook. You’ll have dinner ready in no time!
How to make potato chowder:
- After dicing up all the vegetables, add carrots, onions, peppers, and fennel into a dutch oven, and cook about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the veggies and cook another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken broth and the potatoes.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer (uncovered) for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat further, and add in the salt, pepper, nutmeg, and milk. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring often. Then stir in the shredded cheese.
That’s it! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a couple of days, or freeze the soup to last throughout the season.
Best Chowder Recipes
So what makes a soup a chowder? A chowder is basically just a thick soup with a creamy base, usually made with milk or cream. This potato chowder is made with milk, and lots of veggies and potatoes are cooked in. Then of course it’s finished off by stirring in lots of cheese!
If you need an easy soup to make this week, then this cheesy potato soup recipe is just perfect! Make a batch of this potato chowder and let me know what you think!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Cheesy Potato Chowder. Enjoy!
If you like this potato soup recipe, try these other easy soup recipes:
- Healthy Crockpot Potato Soup
- Chicken Mac and Cheese Soup
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Hash Brown Potato Soup Recipe