Make the most delicious crispy pork carnitas in a fraction of the time in your Instant Pot. Serve in tortillas for one tasty taco Tuesday!
Crispy Instant Pot Pork Carnitas Recipe
I love carnitas, but I hate that I don’t always have the time to make them!
These Instant Pot carnitas are everything you’d expect; full of flavor and perfectly crispy, but they require very little effort to make and are much quicker to make compared to the traditional method.
Pile them high in tacos, burritos, quesadillas and anything. else you fancy for an easy dinner.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, be sure to check out my slow cooker carnitas.
Why you’ll love these Crispy Pork Carnitas:
- HANDS OFF COOKING: These carnitas, although quicker than the traditional method, still take a little while to cook, but, the time is all pretty much hands off, leaving you free to get on with other things.
- HEALTHY: High in protein and under 20g of carbs per serving, you can feel good about this shredded pork recipe.
- MAKE AHEAD: Be sure to make a big batch, as these carnitas are freezer friendly and great for meal prep.
How to make Instant Pot Carnitas
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Coat the meat on all sides with the seasonings.
- Place the meat in the Instant Pot and add the onion, chilis and garlic.
- Pour the orange and lime juice and coke over the pork.
- Cook and let slow release.
- Cut the meat and shred with two forks.
- Place on a cookie sheet, spoon over some of the broth and broil til crispy.
How long does it keep?
If, by some miracle, you have some leftovers, they will keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat them on a cookie sheet at 400F for around 10 to 15 minutes until heated through to serve.
Can you freeze it?
Yes! These Instant Pot carnitas are freezer friendly and are great for easy meal prep. Let the cool before placing in freezer bags or an airtight container, and it will keep well for up to 6 months.
Thaw them in the fridge overnight before reheating.
These pulled pork carnitas can be used in so many ways! I love to pile them on tortillas for tacos, and they are awesome in burritos and quesadillas. Add the to Mexican salads or taco bowls for some added flavor.
Remember, it’s all about the toppings, so be sure to pair them with some of these favorites:
- Use pork shoulder (pork butt) for this recipe. It has just the right amount of fat and is full of flavor.
- If you prefer your carnitas spicier, feel free to add in some cayenne pepper to the seasoning.
- If making ahead of time, be sure to let the carnitas cool completely before storing.
These Instant Pot carnitas take all of the effort out, and best of all they are super delicious! I can’t wait to hear whet you think of this recipe!
More Instant Pot Recipes we Love
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!