Instant Pot Chili Mac will be your new go-to favorite comfort food! This Chili Mac Recipe is loaded with beef, cheese, beans, tomatoes, and more, kids and adults alike will be back for seconds. We love to top ours with fritos, sour cream, and more cheese. There’s nothing like a bowl of Chili Mac and Cheese on a chilly night.
If you’re in the mood for comfort food, nothing beats this Instant Pot Chili Mac Recipe!
I’m trying to cram in as many comfort food recipes as I can while the weather is still crisp and cool. Before we know it I’ll be hating my life shopping for swimsuits. It’s been about 4 years since I’ve worn a swimsuit…but judging from Henry’s extreme love of bath time I think we have a pool lover on our hands.
ANNNYWAY, it’s still Winter and last time I went outside I still needed a coat…so there’s still time for pasta and cheese and hot perfect dinners.
This Instant Pot Chili Mac checks all the boxes…EASY, quick, comforting, and delicious. It’s my kind of meal, so I hope that it’s yours as well!
Chili Mac and Cheese is loaded with beef, cheese, beans, tomatoes, and everything else that’s delicious.
We have been LOVING our Instant Pot and I hope you guys aren’t tired of the new recipes by now! If you don’t have an Instant Pot (pressure cooker), I do have an awesome Loaded Chili Macaroni and Cheese recipe that’s made stovetop. Whichever way you go, you can’t go wrong. This meal never gets old to us at our house.
If you’re wanting to try out the Instant Pot and aren’t sure which one to get, I’ve linked to my favorites in the “Shop This Post” section below. I recommend the 6 qt for families of 4 or the 8 qt if you’re consistently serving a crowd. Some of our other pressure cooked favorites include Classic Pot Roast, Honey Baked Ham, Chicken Tortilla Soup, and of course Zuppa Tuscana (I could eat that every dang day).
We load up our Instant Pot Chili Mac with shredded cheese, sour cream, tons of Fritos…the works.
SO yeah, we still have time to pile on the comfort food…and I recommend you start with this Instant Pot Chili Mac! What’s better than Chili mixed with Macaroni and Cheese???? Yeah…I can’t think of anything either. This Instant Pot Chili Mac is a cross between AMAZING Chili and macaroni and cheese. What could be better?
This Chili Mac and Cheese is the stuff Instant Pot dreams are made of. The perfect Instant Pot recipe!
Check out our other favorite Instant Pot Recipes including Dill Pickle Potato Salad, Copycat Zuppa Toscana, and Beef Stew. And check out the best EASY Chili Recipe (only 6 ingredients!) too. Can you tell that I’m obsessed?? In the “Shop This Post” section below I’ve linked to my two favorite Instant Pots. Depending on the size of your family, there’s one for you! Let me know if you have questions. Enjoy!
See below for details on How To Make Instant Pot Chili Mac.
Want more Mac and Cheese Recipes?! We’ve got you covered!
- King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Baked Mexican Macaroni and Cheese
- Skillet White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
Instant Pot Chili Mac will be your new go-to favorite comfort food! This Chili Mac Recipe is loaded with beef, cheese, beans, tomatoes, and more, kids and adults alike will be back for seconds. We love to top ours with fritos, sour cream, and more cheese. There's nothing like a bowl of Chili Mac and Cheese on a chilly night.
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 16 ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 16 ounce can red or kidney beans, drained
- 16 ounces elbow pasta uncooked
- ½ cup whole milk
- 4 cups shredded Mexican Cheese Blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Set Instant Pot to "Sauté" and add the ground beef. Cook, stirring often, until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, approximately 5 minutes. Transfer beef to a paper towel-lined plate and carefully drain the fat.
- Heat butter and oil and add the diced onion to the pot. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent (about 3 minutes). Add minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, black pepper and salt.
- Add the chicken stock and water, while scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pot insert, to deglaze the pan. Turn Instant pot off.
- Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies, diced tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, pasta and browned beef. Stir, being sure the liquid covers pasta.
- Lock the lid in place and close the release valve.
- Set Instant Pot to Manual/Pressure Cook on HIGH and set timer to 4 minutes.
- When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker, and use a quick pressure release. (To reduce splattering, cover the release valve with a lightweight kitchen cloth.)
- When the red valve drops, carefully remove the lid. Stir the mixture.
- Set the pot to "Sauté" and add the milk and 1 cup of cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. Repeat this process until all the cheese has been added. Stir until pasta is tender, approximately 2 more minutes. Add the parsley and stir.
- Season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper.