This Chicken Quesadilla Recipe for a crown is made on a sheet pan! Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas are the easiest and best way to make delicious quesadillas for a crowd! These baked chicken quesadillas can be made with any filling and toppings, and are sure to please even the pickiest eaters. If you’ve wondered How to Make Chicken Quesadillas, this recipe is for you!
This Chicken Quesadilla Recipe can cure all woes. It’s so easy and delicious!
SHEET PAN DINNERS!!! This Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadilla Recipe is my absolute favorite way to cook a quick and delicious meal! There’s nothing quite like only having one dish to clean, at the same time easily feeding a crowd!
This fun SHEET PAN CHICKEN QUESADILLA RECIPE is the perfect quick and simple fix for any craving, full of flavor and short on time.
These Chicken Quesadillas are loaded with chicken, caramelized onions, CHEESE, and more, and all baked on your favorite cookie sheet. Excited?
A great Chicken Quesadilla Recipe for a Crowd is a recipe you’ll make again and again.
I love quesadillas in any form. Every time we go to our favorite Mexican restaurant (which is a lot), I order the Chicken Fajita Quesadilla. Every. Single. Time. I just love all that cheese and chicken.
When making them at home, this Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadilla Recipe are the easiest way I’ve found to perfect them. The tortillas come up crispy, the inside comes out melty, and the results are so crave worthy. If you’re making them just for yourself they also make great leftovers. I ate these for days and I wasn’t sad about it at all!
How to Make Chicken Quesadillas:
The great thing about these Sheet Pan Quesadillas if you can stuff them with whatever toppings you love best. You can make them steak, shrimp, or just cheese! Love peppers? Stack them in there! You can’t go wrong and the possibilities are endless!
We chose chicken and cheese because…well I can never get enough chicken and cheese. But please don’t feel like you have to stick to our recipe. Throw the kitchen sink in there…you won’t regret it! We love to make this Chicken Quesadilla Recipe often and change the ingredients every time. Keeps things fun and interesting.
How do you cook shredded chicken for this Chicken Quesadilla Recipe?
You can buy pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and shred, or you can cook the chicken before making these Chicken Quesadillas and shred with two forks. To make shredded chicken, place chicken breasts into a saucepan and pour in enough water to cover. Place over medium heat, bring to a boil, and simmer until chicken meat is no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer chicken breasts to a bowl, allow to cool, and shred the chicken meat with 2 forks.
What goes well with Chicken Quesadillas?
What other Tex-Mex Recipes are your favorite (other than these Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas?!)?
Can you tell that Mexican food is my favorite? Some other favorites that we LOVE are Queso Smothered Chicken Fajitas, Enchilada Stuffed Peppers, Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup, Mexican Grilled Corn, and a Skinny Margarita.
See the recipe card below for full details on How to Make Chicken Quesadillas for a Crowd. Enjoy!
Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas
This Chicken Quesadilla Recipe for a crown is made on a sheet pan! Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas are the easiest and best way to make delicious quesadillas for a crowd! These baked chicken quesadillas can be made with any filling and toppings, and are sure to please even the pickiest eaters. If you've wondered How to Make Chicken Quesadillas, this recipe is for you!
- 4 large sheets rectangular tortillas wraps or flatbread (can be found in the deli section of many grocery stores).
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can green chiles
- 3-4 cups rotisserie chicken meat cooked: shredded or cubed
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups Jalapeno Pepper cheese or Pepper Jack
- Juice of 1 lime
- Diced Tomatoes
- Avocado slices
- Chopped Cilantro
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Place two flatbreads or tortillas in the bottom of the pan, overlapping them a little in the middle. The tortillas should cover the entire pan.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onions until they are translucent. Add the minced garlic and green chilies and cook an additional 30 seconds. Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly over the tortillas in the pan.
- Sprinkle the cheddar or Mexican cheese evenly over the chicken.
- Dot the onion mixture over the cheese.
- Sprinkle the Jalapeno Pepper cheese as the next layer.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime over the top.
- Place the two remaining flatbreads or tortillas on top and press down to secure the top tortillas in place.
- Spray the top of the tortillas with cooking spray.
- Cook tortillas on the middle rack of the oven, at 400°F, for 20-25 minutes, or until the tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.
- *NOTE: You can also sprinkle a bit of cheese onto the quesadillas once done and broil until crisped as we did for photos.