Ranch Fried Pickles, the perfect easy snack or sandwich topper! SO ADDICTING! If you haven’t tried fried pickles, you haven’t lived! Add ranch to the equation and you’re really living!
Prepare yourself for a new addiction, RANCH FRIED PICKLES!! These make a great snack, appetizer, or even sandwich topper (Click HERE for my favorite sandwich pairing…you don’t want to miss it!). They’re tangy, crunchy, delicious, and just plain awesome. These take simple pickles and kick them up a giant notch. They’re great on their own, or dipped in sauces like blue cheese, buffalo sauce, or even more ranch. There is never enough ranch, right?
Enjoy these on Epic Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (click HERE for the full recipe!) or enjoy them on their own! They’re just as good and addicting that way, trust me!! I adapted this recipe from an incredible blog, Buns in My Oven! I’m sure you’ve heard of it because Karly is a superstar! You can see her original recipe HERE.
10 minPrep Time
2 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
- 1 ounce (1 packet) ranch seasoning
- 1 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup pickle juice (from the jar)
- 2 cups dill or bread and butter pickle chips
- vegetable oil for frying
- In a shallow bowl whisk together the ranch seasoning, flour, milk, and pickle juice. Whisk until a sticky batter forms.
- Place pickles (you might work in batches) into batter and coat both sides.
- In a deep skillet, heat 2 inches of oil over medium/high heat. Heat until 375F.
- Working in batches of 4-6, place the pickles in the batter and allow to fry until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove pickles from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Allow to cool about 5-10 minutes before serving.