Let the slow cooker do all the work tonight when you make Crockpot Italian Chicken for dinner! Served over either pasta or rice, this tender, flavorful chicken is cooked to perfection in a medley of ingredients like tomatoes, red wine, garlic, and more.
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
Slow-cooked chicken is always a good idea. It’s the best way to easily get tender chicken that shreds to perfection! When you cook it in a mix of ingredients like bold red wine and juicy diced tomatoes, it’s not only fork tender, but also infused with rich Italian flavors.
This easy-to-make Italian chicken is perfect for those weeknights when you want a tasty homemade dinner without lots of hard work! It’s as delicious as it is comforting and the whole family will love it. The addition of red wine makes it slightly more sophisticated, but still wonderfully simple.
Why You’ll Love this Crockpot Chicken Recipe:
- EASY TO MAKE: Yes! Like any good Crockpot recipe, this Italian chicken recipe is incredibly easy to make.
- FLAVORFUL: All Italian-inspired recipes should be anything but bland. Red wine, garlic, and more make this chicken as flavorful as can be.
- TENDER: Slow-cooked chicken breast meat is fork-tender and SO juicy!
Whether you serve this chicken over the pasta of your choice or some freshly cooked white rice, you’re going to love it!
How to Make Crockpot Italian Chicken
You can jump to the recipe card for full ingredients & instructions!
- Season the chicken and place it in the Crockpot.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and garlic to the Crockpot.
- Whisk the red wine and tomato sauce together.
- Pour it over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Chicken breasts work the best for this recipe. If they’re frozen chicken breasts, that’s fine, but they’ll need to be fully thawed prior to cooking.
At the end of the cook time, remove a chicken breast from the Crockpot and slice it in half. If it’s white all the way through with no pink color, it’s fully cooked.
Instead of red wine, use an equal amount of chicken broth.
Yes, it is! To keep it gluten-free, make sure you serve this chicken over rice or gluten-free pasta.
Here are just a few side dish recommendations that pair perfectly slow cooker Italian chicken!
- Chopped Caprese Salad
- Crispy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Baked Tomatoes with Mozzarella and Parmesan
The flavors in this easy chicken dinner are definitely bold, but still family-friendly!
How to Make Ahead
This easy chicken dinner is best made the same day you’re going to eat it.
How to Store Italian Chicken
Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Place leftover chicken in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Make sure all of your veggies are nice and fresh! They contribute a lot of flavor and different textures to the meal, so they should all be fresh as can be.
- When you serve this Crockpot Italian chicken, garnish it with some freshly shaved parmesan and chopped basil. Both garnishes add the most vibrant complimentary flavors to the dish.
- If you’d like to make this meal spicy, add more red pepper flakes.
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes We Love
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
- Crockpot Tuscan Chicken
- Crockpot Shredded Chicken
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Flavor packed Italian chicken is slow cooked to perfection in the Crockpot before being served over pasta or white rice. This is an easy weeknight dinner you can’t miss out on!
More Italian Dinner Recipes to Try:
- Pizza Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups
- Zuppa Toscana (Stovetop)
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Baked Mostaccioli
- Crockpot Lasagna
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy! You can also jump to recipe.