CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE WITH CREAM CHEESE is the ultimate comfort food! The best White Chicken Chili recipe out there! This Cream Cheese Chicken Chili is loaded with everything good and so comforting on a cool night. We top ours with avocado, jalapenos, sour cream, and more! BEST CHILI RECIPE EVER.
This Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe with Cream Cheese blew my dang socks off!
CreamyWhite Chicken Chili is the only white chicken chili you’ll ever need. THIS RECIPE!!! Since I cook so much, it takes a lot for me to get really really really excited about a new recipe.
It’s SO easy (just how I like my recipes) and made in minutes. You can have the ultimate comfort food on your table (and in your freezer for later feasting) in about 30 minutes! You won’t be disappointed, trust me!
During the Winter months I crave this White Chicken Chili more than words can say.
I realize it’s not a healthy recipe, but I want it in bulk anyway. I’ve got to be shivering off some calories….right? It’s just the ultimate comfort food plus it’s SO easy!
This Creamy White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese is loaded with everything that makes White Chicken Chili a favorite; chunky chicken, lots of spices, beans, fresh cilantro, and green chiles. YUM! Then to kick things up a big notch, I added heavy cream and cream cheese. TO DIE FOR!
This Chili Recipe was good on its own, but it was REALLY GREAT with all the creaminess. This recipe is meant for a crowd (up to 14!), but I’m selfish. I didn’t share it with anyone and instead froze a bunch for later. I’m already looking forward to eating it all Fall, the best! The best Creamy White Chicken Chili EVER! (and the easiest…win win!)
A good White Chili Recipe can’t be beat. It’s such an important recipe to have in your arsenal.
I like to think this is one of the best chicken chili recipes out there…I hope you try it and let me know what you think! We have been making Cream Cheese Chicken Chili for years now and it’s a hit every single time!
If you make this Creamy White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese…please don’t let me down by forgetting ALL THE TOPPINGS! Go as crazy as possible…tortilla strips, sour cream, cilantro, avocado, jalapeños, or shredded cheese!
You can’t go wrong…unless you skip them all together! Make this a feast…you deserve it! You just slaved away in the kitchen for around 30 minutes…whew! :)
I make it no secret that my Mom’s Chili is the Best Chili Recipe Ever…but this Creamy White Chicken Chili is a close second.
I go back and forth on which one to take to chili cookoffs. This recipe has won a few awards for readers and nothing makes me happier!
I hope this Creamy White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese makes all of your comfort food dreams come true. I know it did mine! Speaking of…it’s calling my name. If White Chicken Chili isn’t your thing, I bet you’d love our Best Chili Dog Recipe, Best EASY Chili Recipe, Instant Pot Chili Verde, Crockpot Chili, or our Instant Pot Chili Mac! We have something for everyone, so be sure to check out all of our Soups and Chilis.
Watch How to Make Creamy White Chicken Chili in the video or check out the recipe card for full details. Enjoy!
- 2 onions diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds COOKED chicken cubed (or 2 lbs cooked shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cans great northern white beans 15.5 ounce cans, fully drained and rinsed
- 3 cans diced green chiles 4 ounce cans, drained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Tortilla chips or strips
- sliced jalapeños
- chopped cilantro
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sour cream
- sliced avocado
- lime juice
- In a 6 qt dutch oven or stock pot, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil and lime juice over medium high heat. Cook until the onions are fragrant and translucent.
- Add in the cooked chicken, chicken broth, beans, chiles, and seasoning. Bring to a boil, stirring often, and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 30-45 minutes, or until it's the thickness you desire. Stir occasionally. I let mine simmer for a full hour to let all the flavors blend fully and to get a nice thickness. It would have been ready to go after 30 minutes, so just do what you like best! *** (See below for Slow Cooker Instructions)
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cubed cream cheese. Stir constantly until the cream cheese melts and incorporates completely. Stir in the heavy cream.
- Top with as many or as few optional toppings as you desire. I used them all! The more the merrier.
*** You can also make this in a slow cooker! Complete step 1 above and then add all the ingredients to a large slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-4. Once hot and thickened to your liking, continue with step 3.