Asparagus plus crescent rolls equal the best puff pastry appetizers for any meal or party! Cheesy Asparagus Crescent Roll Appetizers are so tasty and a snap to make. And a bonus: they make eating your vegetables a whole lot more fun!
Asparagus Wrapped in Crescent Rolls
Wrapping asparagus in cheesy crescent rolls changes everything! Hum-drum veggies turn into treats nobody can get enough of. Note to self: Fix more than you think you’ll need. These will go like hotcakes!
Cheesy Asparagus Crescent Roll Appetizers are perfect for parties or as a side dish for any weeknight dinner. Cover the dough in Parmesan cheese, wrap it around asparagus, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake to perfection. Nobody will mind eating their vegetables when they’re wrapped in cheesy bread!
Cheesy Asparagus Crescent Roll Appetizers make the perfect easy appetizer or side dish!
Cheesy Asparagus Crescent Roll Appetizers
These crescent roll appetizers are so flaky, so crisp, and so delicious. They make a great complement to chicken or beef, and the kids will love them too.
Why You’ll Crescent Roll Wrapped Asparagus:
- Kids can help: If your kids like to help cook, this is the perfect recipe for that. Even the youngest can sprinkle mozzarella over the top, and the more experienced chefs-in-training can handle all of the steps.
- It’s super easy: For this recipe, cut each crescent roll triangle in half, essentially doubling the number of dough pieces you have. One piece of dough will be used for each asparagus stalk. Most cans of crescent dough contain 8 triangles, which will make 16 asparagus appetizers. (Check the package to verify.)
- You can jazz them up: I like adding prosciutto to these asparagus puff pastry spirals for something extra classy. (Prosciutto makes everything classy, right?) Pair them with chicken, and you’ve got a beautiful meal.
Asparagus Prosciutto Spirals
As I said earlier, from time to time, I add prosciutto to these baked appetizers. It makes them more flavorful, more filling, and more elegant; in my book, that’s a win-win-win! They go well with our Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken, Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake, or Spinach Stuffed Chicken.
To add prosciutto into this recipe, just lay a slice of it out on each crescent roll wedge, top with the asparagus, and roll. If the prosciutto is large, you may need to cut each slice in half or even thirds.
Check out my recipe to make your own Homemade Crescent Rolls!
How to Make Cheesy Asparagus Crescent Roll Spirals
This recipe is so easy and fun to make. All you need is a can of crescent roll dough (from the dairy case), asparagus (fresh, frozen, or canned, but fresh is best), Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, and optional prosciutto.
- Cut each crescent roll triangle in half. (You’ll use one piece of dough per asparagus.)
- Mix Parmesan and seasoning salt in a bowl. Coat both sides of the dough triangles generously with the Parmesan/salt blend.
- Now wrap the asparagus–and optional prosciutto.
- Place each asparagus/crescent bundle on the baking sheet, sprinkle with any remaining Parmesan cheese, and some shredded mozzarella cheese too. (I can never get enough cheese!)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (following directions on the crescent roll package).
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
I absolutely love how easy it is to make these Cheesy Asparagus Crescent Roll Appetizers for any meal! They are great for holidays too, and they’re always a hit for Easter appetizers.
What is prosciutto? Can I substitute anything else?
Prosciutto (pronounced pro-SHOOT-o) is a slightly sweet cured Italian ham. If you prefer, you can substitute a very-thin slice of deli ham.
Is all asparagus the same?
Asparagus most commonly is green, and some varieties are white and even purple. They can all be used interchangeably in this recipe.
Can I use different cheeses in this recipe?
Sure! Romano cheese can sub for the Parmesan, and gruyere can swap out for the mozzarella.
More Easy Asparagus Dishes
- How to Cook Asparagus 10 Ways
- 3 Cheese Asparagus Gratin
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Grilled Asparagus
- Sautéed Asparagus with Pancetta
- Crispy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
Asparagus is a great veggie for side dishes and appetizers. There’s so much you can do with it! Cheesy Asparagus Crescent Roll Appetizers are one of my favorites for a fun dinner, but you may want to try these other recipes as well.
There you have it. These crescent roll appetizers are as simple as can be. They come out so delicious and impressive. Now you can get your kids to eat those veggies, and you’ll be more excited about eating them too!
Try these other fun and easy veggie dishes:
- Cheesy Baked Green Beans
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin
- Spicy Cheesy Broccoli
- Baked Tomatoes with Mozzarella and Parmesan
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!
Cook Time: 15m