Pie is the real secret to a successful holiday feast, so these easy Thanksgiving pie recipes are sure to be a hit. Choose from traditional Thanksgiving pies, like pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and apple pie. Or make something more unique this year to shake things up.
Best Pies for Thanksgiving
When Thanksgiving comes around, it’s time to think about the turkey, the sides, and all of the food the holiday requires. But what am I really excited about? Thanksgiving pies!
I look forward to all the different types of pies and desserts on holidays–it’s my favorite way to indulge! I want the pumpkin pies, the apple pies, the sweet potato pies, the pecan pies, the chocolate pies…absolutely every kind of pie.
I’ve got recipes and ideas for all of the best Thanksgiving pie recipes, so you can pick your favorite(s) and have them ready for the big holiday.
Traditional Thanksgiving Pies
You can never go wrong with the classics! These traditional pie recipes are perfect for Thanksgiving. Everyone will love to see their favorites on the table.
- Pumpkin Pie: Pumpkin pie is a must for Thanksgiving! This one is easy to make, and the maple whipped cream is a tasty finish.
- Apple Pie: A fresh, homemade apple pie is the best way to celebrate everyone’s favorite Fall holiday. The apple filling is so comforting! For another version with a crumbly topping, try this Dutch Apple Pie.
- Pecan Pie: The flavor and crunch of pecans is what makes this pie irresistible. This is one of those traditional pie recipes that everyone will be happy to see on Thanksgiving.
- Sweet Potato Pie: The creamy sweet potato filling is flavored with warm spices, brown sugar, and vanilla for the most delicious dessert.
- French Silk Pie: A rich, decadent chocolate filling is the perfect treat post-dinner. It’s always a hit on holidays!
- Cherry Pie: Tart cherries are flavored and sweetened to create the most delicious pie filling. The lattice pattern pie crust will impress all your guests, but it’s so simple to do!
- Buttermilk Pie: This creamy custard pie has such a simple yet rich flavor. It’s perfectly sweet, and the crust is perfectly flakey!
Chocolate Pies for Thanksgiving
For all the chocolate lovers out there, these Thanksgiving pie recipes are a must. Rich, indulgent, and absolutely delicious!
- Chocolate Cream Pie: This decadent and creamy chocolate pie is exactly what every chocolate lover hopes to see on the Thanksgiving dessert table!
- Chocolate Pecan Pie: If you love pecan pie, but also have a craving for chocolate, this pie recipe is the solution. A chocolate bourbon filling and toasted pecans combine to make such a tasty dessert!
- Fudge Brownie Pie: Get the rich, fudge-y flavor and chewy texture of brownies, in the form of a pie. Pecans are mixed in for a little bit of crunch, and this become just delectable.
- Chocolate Tart: An Oreo cookie crust, dark chocolate filling, and a sprinkle of sea salt makes the most decadent chocolate dessert! Refrigerate overnight so that it’s ready to serve when guests arrive.
- Banana Fudge Pie: A graham cracker crust is layered up with chocolate ganache and banana pudding, and there’s no baking required. Plus it’s freezer-friendly, so you can make it ahead of Thanksgiving.
More Pie Recipes for Thanksgiving
There’s no shortage of easy pies to make. Family, friends, and all of your holiday guests will love these after dinner.
- Cranberry Pie: A sweet cranberry and orange filling is baked into a simple pie crust, and topped with adorable fall-themed pie crust pieces that will really wow Thanksgiving guests!
- Butterscotch Pie: Traditional butterscotch pie is a great option for holidays. The slightly chewy filling with lots of fluffy whipped cream is such a nice mix.
- Banana Cream Pie: Layers of creamy banana custard and fresh sliced bananas infuse this pie with so much fruity flavor. Prep everything ahead of time, then assemble and bake to serve!
- Lemon Meringue Pie: The lemon filling is perfectly tart and tangy, and the meringue topping is so soft and chewy. It’s a beautiful pie for Thanksgiving dinner!
- Shoofly Pie: Brown sugar and ginger make a great flavor balance to the chocolate molasses filling. This pie can be made ahead of time, so it’s ready for the holiday!
- Sour Cream Lemon Pie: A saltine cracker crust, zesty lemon filling, and sour cream topping come together to create a unique pie idea that is surprising yet delicious.
- Peanut Butter Pie: A chocolate graham cracker crust and creamy peanut butter filling make for a delicious Thanksgiving pie recipe that everyone is sure to love!
Unique Thanksgiving Pie Ideas
Try something different this holiday season! New twists on classic pies, ice cream pies, and individual-sized desserts are all fun options for Thanksgiving.
- Crockpot Pecan Pie: Make a classic Thanksgiving pie in your crockpot! This recipe frees up the oven, so you can make dessert along with the rest of the feast.
- Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Pie: Ice cream pie is a nice change from the typical Thanksgiving pie recipes, and mint chocolate is a flavor everyone will love!
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie: Make a dairy-free pumpkin pie to make sure everyone can enjoy it! It’s just as tasty, and just as festive.
- Caramel Apple Freezer Pie: Caramel ice cream, cider, and apple pie filling create a delicious caramel apple flavor. This freezer pie is so easy to make, and can be made days ahead of time.
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie: You only need 5 ingredients to make this recipe. Make this pie ahead of Thanksgiving, and keep it in the freezer until you’re ready to serve it.
- Blueberry Pie Bars: Blueberry pie in the form of dessert bars. They’re easy to eat, serve, and share!
Now that you have a few of the best Thanksgiving pie recipes on your menu, you really can’t go wrong!
More Thanksgiving Recipes
There’s a lot of cooking to do ahead of the holiday feast, but we’ve got you covered with tons of easy recipes! Find plenty of ideas for dinner and dessert, all in one place.