One Pot Chicken Alfredo with Feta is a creamy, decadent dish that tastes fancy but is super simple and versatile. Your family will love this easy chicken alfredo recipe!
This easy Chicken Alfredo with Feta is one of my favorite Chicken Recipes! It is so easy to throw together on a busy weeknight, and can be switched up easily to suit your family’s tastes.
Alfredo Sauce is Your Friend!
Don’t be intimidated by Alfredo sauce. For years I held off trying my hand at the stuff because it seemed entirely too complicated. I thought it best to leave it to the restaurant professionals. How wrong I was! This simple recipe tastes just like what you order at your favorite Italian place, and uses ingredients you probably already have on hand!
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Easy Chicken Alfredo With Feta?
Just as the title implies, chicken and feta are the stars of this show. For the Alfredo sauce, all you need are a few simple items including:
- Parmesan Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper
See? Staple items! No crazy unrecognizable ingredients here. The rest of the ingredients are up to you! For this pasta recipe I added Roma tomatoes, prosciutto, and some fresh basil. But you could easily add other veggies, bacon, parsley, other herbs, whatever you have on hand! That’s one of the things I love best about One Pan/Pot Recipes, they are so versatile. You can toss any of your family’s favorites in the pan and watch them gobble it up.
Can I Substitute the Feta Cheese in this Recipe?
Feta cheese gives this chicken pasta dish a creamy, mild flavor that goes so well with the tangy bite of the Parmesan cheese that you add at the end. It melts beautifully into the pasta. Try this Chicken with Feta Cheese Sauce too! But if Feta isn’t your thing, you could also use Ricotta or Mozzarella cheese as a substitute.
Other Alfredo Recipes
Once you get the hang of Alfredo sauce (meaning once you throw everything into a pan and stir, because it’s that easy!) you can make all sorts of delicious recipes. From sandwiches to nachos, here are a few Alfredo favorites:
- Blackened Chicken Alfredo Tacos
- Baked Chicken Alfredo Nachos (Italian Nachos)
- Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Sandwiches
- One Pan Southwest Chicken Alfredo Skillet
- Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Chicken Alfredo
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Sausage
- Baked Pasta Primavera with Cream Cheese Alfredo
How Long Can I Store Leftover Chicken Alfredo with Feta?
This recipe heats up beautifully the next day for leftovers. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. I always like to top my re-heated plate with fresh Parmesan, because more cheese is my love language.
One Pot Chicken Alfredo with Feta couldn’t be simpler! Brown up a little chicken, add everything together, simmer, then eat. No messy clean-up either. You are a culinary hero!
How to Make One Pot Chicken Alfredo with Feta
- First grab your favorite large, deep sided skillet. It’s the only pan you’ll need for this glorious recipe so make sure you like it.
- Next heat up some olive oil (or whatever oil you have on hand) and add some cut-up chicken. I like mine in bite size pieces, but you could easily cut your chicken into long strips or whatever you like.
- Once it’s mostly browned (it doesn’t have to be cooked completely through at this stage in the game) you’ll add some minced garlic and sautee for a minute. Your house will now smell like the gates of Heaven.
- Then, add the heavy cream, chicken broth and uncooked penne pasta.
- Bring it all up to a simmer, and let it bubble away for about 15 minutes, until your pasta is al dente.
- Just before it’s all done cooking, toss in some tomatoes, prosciutto and fresh basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Once you’ve removed the pan from heat, stir in a healthy amount of Parmesan cheese, then a little more for good measure.
- Enjoy every single bite, and rest easy because clean-up will be a cinch!
Recommended Products to make this easy chicken alfredo recipe
Cozy up with a big bowl of this easy Chicken Alfredo with Feta, a glass of wine and maybe even your sweet dog? Just look at those sweet little eyes peeking over the skillet! Oh, Scout. Trust me, everyone will want a taste of this delicious comfort meal. Happy eating!
See the recipe card below for all the details on how to make One Pot Chicken Alfredo with Feta. Enjoy!