Wondering how to make pumpkin pie? It wouldn’t be Fall without a Homemade Pumpkin Pie recipe and this pie is without a doubt the best I’ve ever tasted! It’s super easy to whip up and fills your home with the most incredible smell. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream for the perfect Autumn dessert!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie
Learning how to make pumpkin pie will make your holidays even better! This homemade pumpkin pie recipe is so delicious, and making pumpkin pie yourself is actually quite easy!
When it comes to fall desserts, homemade pumpkin pie is king! Everyone loves it and it wouldn’t be fall without it. Whether you serve it as one of your Thanksgiving pies, or just make it to fill your house with the most amazing aroma, this recipe is well worth it.
There are so many pumpkin pie recipes out there and I’ve tasted a ton of them but this one is without a doubt my all-time favorite.
Not only is this a breeze to whip up (mix everything in one bowl), but it has the perfect creamy texture and flaky pie crust with the perfect balance of sweetness!
How to Make Pumpkin Pie
- Mix dry ingredients together then add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into pie crust. Bake in the oven for 70 minutes then let it rest to firm up.
- After 5 minutes, a knife should come out almost completely clean when placed in the middle of the pie.
Tip: To get your crust delicious and perfect, check out this homemade pie crust recipe. It’s full of great details and special tips passed down through the years.
How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Pie (Top Tips)
- There’s no need to blind bake the pie crust first, just add the filling to the raw pastry.
- Feel free to crimp the edges or make a pretty pattern around the pie.
- Make sure to let the pie rest for 5 minutes before slicing. The knife should come out clean.
- You can serve the pie hot, cold or at room temperature.
- Leftover pie will store well in the fridge for 3-4 days or can be frozen.
- Serve with whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon or vanilla ice cream.
Should you refrigerate pumpkin pie?
Yes! Pumpkin pie needs to be refrigerated after baking. Let it cool before storing it in the refrigerator (don’t move it straight from the oven to the fridge!), but leftovers should always be refrigerated. It will keep for 3-4 days.
How do you know when a pumpkin pie is done?
It’s possible to overcook pumpkin pies; this could result in a cracked or watery filling. I’ve tested this recipe to make sure the temperature and cook time is just right. You want the center of your pie to be a little bit jiggly when you take it out of the oven, because it will set and firm up as it cools. After 5-10 minutes of rest time, insert a knife into the center of the pie, and it should come out clean.
Now that you know how to make pumpkin pie at home, you can impress your guests with this amazing homemade pumpkin pie recipe. You can boast that you made it all yourself! This pie is a MUST for Thanksgiving, but it’s such a nice treat for any occasion throughout the fall season. Happy Holidays!
See the recipe card for details on how to make pumpkin pie. Enjoy!
More Pumpkin Recipes You Might Like:
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Punch
- Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pie Crumble
- Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread
- Pumpkin Pie Bars