These Easter appetizers are all delicious, easy, and shareable. Choose from traditional recipes like deviled eggs, hot dips like spinach artichoke dip, or crowd-pleasers like slow cooker meatballs. Keep everyone happy with these appetizer ideas before the big Easter feast!
Easter Sunday is a great time to gather friends and family to celebrate, and of course that means you’ll need lots of delicious food! These Easter appetizers are perfect to serve in the afternoon while the kids head out on their egg hunt. Or set them out to hold everyone over leading up to Easter dinner.
Whether you just need a quick appetizer for the family while you cook, or need a collection of foods for a large crowd, there are plenty of recipes here to choose from.
Pick from traditional appetizers, hot and cold dips, finger foods, and simple snacks. There are some appetizer ideas that you can make ahead of time to cut down on cooking time, and some easy large-batch recipes too.
Classic Easter Appetizers
These traditional appetizers are perfect for Easter Sunday. It’s always nice to have a classic around!
- Loaded Deviled Eggs: Deviled eggs are a must on Easter, and these are loaded up with bacon, cheese, sour cream, and chives.
- Sausage Balls: These bisquick sausage balls are a true classic. They’re great for dipping, and they’re a must for Easter Sunday!
- Cucumber Sandwiches: These little sandwiches are simple but delicious. They make a great snack for guests while they wait for the big Easter dinner.
- Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms: Mushrooms are stuffed with spinach, artichoke, and parmesan, then topped with crunchy breadcrumbs and baked. It’s the perfect little appetizer for the Easter holiday.
- Classic Cheese Ball: A mix of cheeses are combined into a ball that’s coated in toasted almonds. Set it out for guests to dig into with hearty crackers.
- Crescent Roll Wrapped Asparagus: Stalks of asparagus are wrapped up in pastry dough, and baked until crispy.
Easy Appetizer Dips
- Crockpot Sausage Cream Cheese Dip: This delicious dip is so creamy, cheesy, and delicious! Make it in a slow cooker and serve with chips, veggies, or crackers.
- Sour Cream and Onion Dip: This is everyone’s favorite for chips and dip. Serve with classic potato chips or some veggie sticks.
- Buffalo Chickpea Dip: Chickpeas turn into a deliciously creamy dip, mixed with a spicy buffalo sauce for a kick of flavor. This makes for a healthy appetizer idea that everyone can enjoy!
- Hot Onion Dip: A mix of cheeses is combined with sweet onions, and baked until hot and bubbly. This dip is addicting, so of course it’s one of the best Easter appetizers.
- Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip: This dip is hot, creamy, and cheesy. Something everyone will love!
- Smoky Blue Cheese Dip: This is another delicious dip to serve with a veggie tray.
- Hot Shrimp Dip: It’s like shrimp cocktail, but in a hot and cheesy dip! It’s an easy thing to serve on holidays, and it tastes so good.
- Caramelized Onion Bacon Dip: This sour cream, bacon, and caramelized onion dip is so easy to make and everyone will enjoy it.
Make Ahead Easter Appetizers
Make these appetizer recipes ahead of time, so they’re ready to serve when family and guests arrive!
- Everything Bagel Cheese ball: Make this cheese ball ahead of time, and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs: Another twist on deviled eggs, this time with some spice! These can be made ahead the day before, and kept in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Mexican Cream Cheese Pinwheels: Sausage, cream cheese, green chilies, and lots of other ingredients are rolled up in tortillas for a mildly spicy appetizer. Prep them ahead of time then serve them straight from the fridge.
- Sweet Potato Chorizo Balls: These chorizo sausage balls are an easy make ahead appetizer for Easter. Prepare them up to a couple days before, then just bake or reheat before serving.
Easter Appetizers for a Crowd
These recipes are great if you need to feed a lot of people. So if you’re hosting a big holiday lunch or dinner, these will keep everyone fed.
- Veggie Crescent Roll Pizza: Baked pastry dough is topped with cream cheese and veggies. It’s another great appetizer that can be made ahead of time AND it will feed a lot of people.
- Crockpot Swedish Meatballs: Meatballs are my favorite appetizer recipe to serve on holidays because they’re (almost) bite-sized, easy to make, and they feed a lot of people. It’s easy to increase the recipe to make more as needed, and you can serve them straight from the crockpot.
- Baked Crab Rangoon Bites: These bite-sized crab rangoons are so tasty, and easy to share with all your Easter Sunday guests.
- Crockpot Little Smokies: Little smokies are cooked in a sweet and tangy BBQ sauce. Throw them in the slow cooker, and they’ll be ready to serve when your guests arrive.
- Fried Goat Cheese Balls: Goat cheese is stuffed with dried cherries and pecans, then deep fried into crispy little cheese balls. They’re the perfect bite-sized snack idea, and you can easily make a large batch to serve lots of people.
- Cheesy Artichoke Bruschetta: Creamy artichoke dip is scooped onto toasted bread. They’re easy to make and pass around to holiday guests.
Kid-Friendly Snacks for Easter
Keep the little ones happy with these simple and delicious snacks. These appetizer ideas for kids are easy to make, and they’re something even the picky eaters will love.
- Homemade Chex Mix: This is an easy recipe to make at home. Make it the day before, then put it in a bowl and let everyone snack away.
- Ham and Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups: Ham, cheese, and cream cheese is wrapped into tortillas, and sliced into bite-sized pieces.
- Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket: The kids will love these little hot dogs wrapped in pastry dough and covered in cheese! They’re always one of our family’s favorite Easter appetizers.
- Hot Buttered Cheerios Mix: This snack mix is sweet and salty, and so addicting.
- Cheese Straws: These crispy, cheesy little snacks are so tasty. Set them out with dips, crackers, or a cheese board, and the kids will surely gravitate towards them.
- Homemade Mozzarella Sticks: Everyone will be happy to see these baked cheese sticks while waiting for dinner.
- Easter Bunny Snack Mix: Add something sweet (and addicting) to the appetizer table with this delicious snack mix. It’s the perfect thing for Easter, and the kids will love it.
Any of these easy Easter appetizers are sure to please family, friends, and guests. Pick your favorites to serve before dinner, or make one to bring to the holiday potluck!