These easy chicken thigh recipes will make the best family dinners any night of the week! Juicy, tender chicken thighs can be used to make fried chicken, casseroles, crockpot recipes, and all kinds of tasty dinner ideas.
Chicken Thigh Dinner Ideas
Wondering what to make with chicken thighs for tonight’s dinner? Whether you’ve got boneless, skinless thighs, or bone-in, skin-on thighs, there are plenty of delicious recipe ideas here to get things started.
I love using chicken thighs because the dark meat is super juicy, tender, and flavorful. They automatically make any chicken recipe that much tastier!
Whether you’re looking for simple chicken thighs recipes that will be ready in less than 30 minutes, the best fried chicken or baked chicken, or something super comforting, there’s something here you’re sure to love!
Best Recipes for Chicken Thighs
These are my absolute favorite chicken thigh recipes to make for dinner. Make melt-in-your-mouth fried chicken, classic BBQ, or cook up something a little fancier.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken: Add KFC’s “secret” blend of herbs and spices to turn these chicken thighs (and legs!) into the most flavorful and crispy fried chicken.
- Coq au Vin: This is a gourmet French dish you can make at home! Chicken thighs, mushrooms, and a rich red wine sauce makes a beautiful dinner.
- BBQ Grilled Chicken: A delicious blend of spices and plenty of BBQ sauce make these grilled thighs lip-smacking good!
- 40 Clove Garlic Chicken and Potatoes: Boneless, skinless thighs are cooked up with lots of garlic, baby potatoes, and a delectably creamy sauce!
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken: Cornflake crust and an Air Fryer is an easy way to make more fried chicken thighs.
One Pot Chicken Thigh Dinners
You only need one pot or pan to make these easy dinners filled with juicy chicken, veggies, and delicious flavor!
- One Pot Chicken Couscous: Chicken thighs, couscous, bacon, corn, and lots of other tasty ingredients cook up in one skillet, and prep only takes 10 minutes.
- Roast Chicken and Potatoes: The skin on these bone-in chicken thighs gets deliciously crispy, and they’re cooked along with potatoes for a full meal.
- Mustard Chicken and Bacon: Chicken is infused with delicious mustard flavor, paired with bacon, and cooked in a super creamy sauce. One pan and dinner will be ready in 45 minutes!
- Cheesy BBQ Ranch Chicken: Rice, cheese, corn, black beans, chicken, cilantro, ranch, BBQ sauce, and more combine to make one super delicious meal.
Simplest Chicken Thigh Recipes
These are some of the easiest recipes to make with chicken thighs. Simple seasonings and quick-to-cook, you can pair these dishes with your favorite sides for weeknight meals. Start with a chicken marinade or use this simple chicken seasoning for even more flavor.
- Grilled Chicken Thighs: Throw chicken thighs on the grill for a quick and easy dinner idea. This recipe uses a sweet and spicy seasoning mix that really kicks up the flavor!
- Breaded Chicken Thighs: Breaded, oven-fried thighs are perfectly crispy and perfectly-spiced. Serve with mashed potatoes for a comfort meal!
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs: Bone-in chicken thighs, oil, and a delicious array of spices is all you need to cook this recipe, in less than 30 minutes!
Bake Juicy Chicken Thighs in the Oven
Chicken thighs get perfectly juicy and crispy when slow-roasted in the oven. These baked recipes are always a hit!
- Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs: A sweet and spicy honey garlic sauce adds the most amazing flavor to this easy chicken thighs recipe!
- Baked Chicken Thighs: A simple mix of herbs, spices, and brown sugar adds the best flavor to this oven-baked thighs recipe. Prep is quick, just throw them in the oven!
- Cuban Mojo Chicken: A homemade mojo sauce, fresh citrus, garlic, and marinated chicken thighs slow cook in the oven to create a fragrant and tantalizing recipe.
- Mediterranean Chicken Bake: Balsamic glazed chicken thighs, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, white beans, red onion, and mozzarella are all baked together for a super flavorful 30 minute dinner.
Easy Chicken Thigh Recipes for the Crockpot
Using your slow cooker is an easy and hands-off way to cook chicken thighs. It’s one of my favorite ways to make family dinners.
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice: Shredded chicken thighs, rice, and lots of cheese cook up in a creamy mixture that’s perfectly savory and comforting.
- Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala: Cubes of chicken thigh slow-cook in a perfectly-spiced curry sauce, so you can make dinner without even being in the kitchen.
- 40 Clove Garlic Chicken (Crockpot): Garlic chicken thighs are easy to cook in a Crockpot, and they’re great to serve with your favorite potatoes.
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken: Make this flavor-packed, sweet and savory chicken thighs recipe in a slow cooker for an easy meal.
- Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings: Chicken and biscuit dough dumplings cook in the creamiest, tastiest soup base for a warming comfort meal.
What to Make with Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
There are so many easy dinner ideas using boneless, skinless thighs. I’ve already shared some recipes, but here are just a few more to try!
- Indian Butter Chicken: Juicy, marinated chicken swims in a creamy, buttery, tomato curry. Serve it with basmati rice and naan for a full dinner!
- Yogurt Marinated Chicken Thighs: The delicious yogurt-based marinade (with garam masala, garlic, and ginger) adds plenty of moisture and flavor to these chicken thighs. Then cook them up on the grill in just 10 minutes!
- Chicken Stir Fry: Chicken and veggies are all cooked up in the best sauce–dinner will be ready in about half an hour!
Skillet Recipes with Chicken Thighs
These skillet recipes make delicious weeknight meals that will be on the table in no time!
- Chicken Mole: This homemade mole sauce is sweet, spicy, savory, and all kinds of delicious! Let chicken thighs (or a whole chicken, or any piece you prefer) simmer in the sauce and enjoy.
- Chicken Cacciatore: This is a good dinner recipe for chicken thighs when you’re craving Italian! The incredible, saucy chicken tastes great with pasta.
- Chicken and Rice: Tender chicken, rice, mushrooms, and veggies are easy to cook up in one pot for a savory meal.
- Chicken Lo Mein: Skip the takeout, because this quick chicken thighs recipe will be ready in 15 minutes!
If you’re still wondering what to do with those chicken thighs, you can use them to make just about any chicken recipe you love. Use them in pastas (like this Cajun Chicken Pasta), casseroles (like this King Ranch Chicken Casserole), or shred it up to make chicken enchiladas or chicken tacos, and so much more. Boneless skinless chicken thighs are an easy swap in most chicken breast recipes, though you might need to cook them a little bit longer.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
Looking for something else to make for dinner? I’ve got tons of recipes and ideas for you to try!