Christmas side dishes are a big part of the holiday feast! Between all the potatoes, vegetables, casseroles, and traditional Christmas sides, there are so many recipes to choose from. Here are the best side dishes for Christmas dinner to make the holiday easy and delicious!
Christmas Side Dishes
Christmas dinner isn’t complete without a plethora of Christmas side dishes! Sides are always my favorite part of a holiday feast, so I like having plenty of options.
I’m talking potatoes, veggies (covered in cheese), casseroles, maybe some salads, and all the traditional Christmas side dishes you can think of.
I don’t always want to have the exact same dishes that I served on Thanksgiving since the holidays are only a month apart. So a bit of inspiration is always needed to come up with new recipes to make for dinner.
If you’re in the same boat, in need of some fresh and fun side dishes for Christmas dinner, then this guide is for you!
I included the classics because you can’t go wrong with mashed potatoes or green bean casserole. But I also included some other easy sides that will spice up the holiday table and add something new.
Check out this list of all the best Christmas side dishes so you can prepare your menu and make the holidays easy (and delicious)!
Essential Kitchen Tools
Make sure your kitchen is ready for the big feast by getting all the right tools and equipment you’ll need.
- Casserole Dishes
- Baking Sheets & Pans
- Pots and Pans
- Cooking Utensils
- Serving Bowls
- Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Knives
Essential Ingredients List
Before you start your Christmas cooking, make sure you stock up on all the necessary ingredients. This list is just some ideas of what you might need based on our recipes.
50 Easy Side Dishes for Christmas Dinner
Traditional Christmas Side Dishes
These are some of the most traditional Christmas sides you might expect to see at the table every holiday. These are great recipes to add to the menu to keep tradition alive.
Christmas Vegetable Side Dishes
Having some delicious (and at least semi-healthy) vegetable side dishes on the Christmas table is a must. My favorites have LOTS of cheese, but vegetables are vegetables!
- Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Green Bean and Corn Casserole
- Brown Butter Glazed Carrots
- Sauteed Leeks with Parmesan
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Creamed Spinach Gratin
- Sauteed Carrots with Scallions
- Baked Butternut Squash with Maple Glaze
- Sauteed Green Beans with Molasses
- Crispy Baked Green Beans
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Blue Cheese & Pears
- Brussels Sprouts Gratin with Bacon
- Bourbon Green Beans
- Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- Three Cheese Asparagus Gratin
- Sauteed Asparagus with Pancetta
- Creamed Spinach with Toasted Almonds
Best Potato Sides for Christmas Dinner
I’m a big fan of potatoes, and it’s hard to imagine a holiday feast without plenty of them to go around. These are the best potatoes sides for Christmas!
- Perfect Baked Potato
- Easy Mashed Potatoes Boiled in Milk
- Cheesy Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Goat Cheese
- Sheet Pan Scalloped Potatoes
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Cheesy Hash Brown Potato Casserole
- Best Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Simple Smashed Potatoes
- Best Twice Baked Potatoes
- BEST Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Other Favorite Christmas Side Dishes
Casseroles, breads, and easy slow cooker recipes galore. Here are even more sides to consider for your Christmas dinner!
- Spiced Rice Pilaf with Apples and Raisins
- Baked Mac and Cheese Casserole
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
- Slow Cooker Velveeta Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Garlic Cheese Bread Roll Ups
- Homemade Crescent Rolls
- Classic Green Rice Casserole
- Creamed Corn with Bacon and Mascarpone
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Oatmeal Rolls with Molasses
- Corn Pudding
- Pineapple Bread Pudding
- Burgundy Mushrooms Recipe
Now that you’ve got your sides all figured out for Christmas, let the preparation begin! You can also start thinking about all the other recipes you’re going to want to make for the holidays. Check out our other guides for more recipes and ideas!
More Christmas Recipes:
- All of the best EASY Christmas Recipes (ideas for every course!).
- The Best Christmas Breakfast Ideas to make for your family and holiday guests.
- Our favorite Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes to bake leading up to Christmas.