These Halloween Desserts are the perfect way to celebrate spooky season! Filled with chocolate, candy, pumpkin, and warm fall spices, these dessert recipes fit right in with any Halloween parties or festivities you have planned.
Fun and Easy Dessert Ideas for Halloween
Prepare to celebrate the most fun holiday of the fall season with these easy, cute, and spooky Halloween desserts! Bring out the ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, candy corn, and caramel apples, because it’s time to have a little fun.
October, aka Spooky Season, is the best time to enjoy fall flavors like pumpkin, apple, and warm spices. It’s also the best time to indulge in chocolate desserts inspired by your favorite Halloween candy.
Whether you’re planning a Halloween party, baking treats for the kids at school, or just making extra desserts to enjoy after a night of trick-or-treating, these festive ideas will all serve you well.
Spooky Halloween-themed Desserts
These fun dessert ideas really scream Halloween! If you like to get a little crafty and wow guests, these recipes are perfect for your Halloween-themed parties.
- Graveyard Cupcakes: These death-by-chocolate Halloween cupcakes are topped with fun “tombstones” made from chocolate-covered graham crackers. Get creative and write whatever you’d like on them!
- Oreo Spiders: These are so easy to make with the kids for parties or a fun weekend treat. Attach pretzels and candy to Oreo cookies to make these cute little Halloween spiders.
- Caramel Apples: It wouldn’t be a Halloween party without candied apples! Tart apples, sticky caramel, and chopped nuts are the best treat, and look great on the dessert table.
- Halloween Chex Mix: This snack mix is filled with candy corn, candy pumpkins, Reese’s pieces, fall-flavored cereal and Bugles, and topped with a brown sugar drizzle.
- Princess Leia Oreo Truffles: These little Oreo cookie truffles are decorated with chocolate and candy to look like Princess Leia–perfect to match any Star Wars costumes.
- Halloween Fudge: This easy fudge is filled with black and orange Halloween sprinkles and candy corn for a festive treat.
- Ghost Meringues: These simple white meringues look like the cutest, spookiest little ghosts!
- Mummy Buckeyes: Switch up the classic peanut butter Buckeyes with white chocolate and candy eyes to make them look like bite-sized mummies!
Pumpkin-filled Dessert Recipes
Autumn is all about the pumpkin, and these tasty desserts are the perfect way to enjoy it. Eat these treats while carving your jack-o-lanterns!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: Filled with plenty of pumpkin and chocolate chips, these soft, warm cookies are great for Halloween.
- Pumpkin Cake Bars: These cake-y bars are perfectly-spiced and topped with cream cheese frosting. This recipe makes plenty, so it’s good for a crowd.
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake: Ooey-gooey pumpkin filling is layered with yellow cake to make this easy Halloween dessert.
- Caramel Macadamia Pumpkin Bars: Pumpkin pie filling, warm caramel, and roasted macadamia nuts make a delicious treat for fall parties.
- Pumpkin Brownies: A creamy pumpkin mixture is hidden inside these chocolatey brownies to make one of the best Halloween desserts!
- Pumpkin Pie Dessert Lasagna: Graham cracker crust, ladyfingers, pumpkin puree, Cool Whip, and more are layered together to make this impressive dessert.
Easy Desserts for a Halloween Party
No matter how last-minute your party comes together, these quick and easy desserts filled with candy, chocolate, and cookies will save Halloween.
- Soft Sugar Cookies: A simple sugar cookie is one of the fastest and easiest desserts you can make–they’re ready in 25 minutes! Frost and decorate as you please to make them Halloween-themed.
- Buckeye Candy: There’s no baking required for this classic peanut butter and chocolate candy!
- Oreo Balls: You only need 3 ingredients to make this no-bake dessert. A creamy, crumbly cookie mixture is dipped in chocolate to make a poppable treat!
- Millionaire Bars: Shortbread cookie, homemade caramel, and chocolate are layered together to make a dessert bar that tastes like a candy bar.
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats: 5 ingredients and a few minutes are all you need to prepare these cookies n’ cream treats for a a Halloween party.
- Chocolate Chip PB Blondies: Brownies are great, but these chewy peanut butter-filled blondies make a nice balance to all the Halloween chocolate you’ll be consuming.
Desserts Made with Halloween Candy
Put all that Halloween candy to good use and make these easy, fun, and chocolate-filled dessert recipes. Don’t let a single peanut butter cup, Snickers, or M&M go to waste!
- Peanut Butter Cup Fudge: This white chocolate fudge is sweet and creamy, with chunks of peanut butter cups mixed right in.
- Candy Rice Krispie Treats: Everyone loves rice krispies treats, but this version is even better for Halloween because it’s loaded with candy (Twix, Snickers, M&Ms, and pb cups).
- M&M Brownie Cookies: Chewy brownie batter cookies are stuffed with M&Ms for an easy dessert that’s just perfect for Halloween festivities.
- Snickers Cookie Bars: Inspired by a classic candy bar, combine layers of shortbread, caramel, chocolate, and peanuts to make this homemade dessert.
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies: Bake some of those mini Reese’s cups into peanut butter cookie dough to make these fun cookies.
- Twix Cookies: Chocolate and caramel are baked into sugar cookie dough to make these little Twix cups.
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownies: These fudgy brownies are stuffed with peanut butter cups and peanut butter chips. It’s the perfect dessert for Halloween night!
Halloween Party Snacks and Treats
Whether you’re planning a costume party for adults only, or a fun Halloween party for the kids, these sweet and savory treats will give people something to snack on.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels: This super easy, sweet and salty snack is always a hit at parties. Decorate with candies, nuts, sprinkles, and more to make them Halloween-themed.
- Puppy Chow: Classic puppy chow is coated with chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar to make an irresistible snack mix.
- Crockpot Turtle Candy: Chocolate- and caramel-coated pecans are made in a slow cooker for an easy Halloween party treat.
- Cookies and Cream Popcorn: If you need a last-minute snack for a party or scary movie night, mix chocolate and Oreo cookies into a bowl of buttery popcorn!
- Crockpot Candied Nuts: A variety of nuts are cooked up in a sweet and savory mix with brown sugar, butter, and spices. It’s a nice, warm snack for chilly Halloween night gatherings!
Now that you have plenty of easy and spooky Halloween desserts to make, you can plan the funnest festivities to celebrate. And if you need some fun drinks and cocktails for your Halloween party, make a batch of this pumpkin pie punch, pumpkin jell-o shots, or this Cotton Candy Martini (there’s a kid-friendly version too).