These delicious cowboy cookies are perfect for your Christmas baking! Bakery style oatmeal and white chocolate chip cookies are loaded with cranberries, pistachios and coconut flakes for one delicious bite!
These oatmeal cookies are loaded with texture and flavor. Sweet white chocolate chips and coconut flakes with crunchy pistachios and tangy cranberries are folded into the chewy oatmeal dough and baked to perfection.
This is one cookie recipe that you will make time and time again!
Why You’ll Love this Christmas Cookies Recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: This simple cookie batter is quick to whip up before being baked in the oven.
- MAKE AHEAD: These cookies have a pretty long shelf life once made and are freezer friendly too.
- KID FRIENDLY: It’s official, these cookies are a hit with the whole family! Be sure to make a double batch as they’ll disappear quickly!
These cookies will make an excellent addition to your holiday cookie platters this year! Full of texture and flavor, they are no to be missed!
How to Make Christmas Cowboy Cookies
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Brown the butter.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Beat together the sugar and browned butter and mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in the oats, coconut, cranberries, pistachios, and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake until slightly browned.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate to serve.
All the Holiday Cookies
25+ Favorite Christmas Cookies
Baking and Christmas go hand in hand. See our guide for our fave recipes + tips and tricks for perfect cookies.
Cowboy cookies are bakery style cookies with added oats, chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut flakes and nuts. Simple to make and delicious to eat, they are full of texture and flavor.
Browned butter is melted butter, that is cooked for a little longer to enhance the flavors. Check out my how to make browned butter post for detailed instructions.
Stick to about 3 cups of total add-ins. Chopped nuts, M&Ms, dried fruits and other types of chocolate chips all work great.
These are large bakery style cookies. Be sure to leave room on the baking sheet as they will spread out!
These cowboy cookies are perfect for Christmas with the cranberries and pistachios, every bite is extra delicious!
- Storage: Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Freezing Instructions: Freeze the cookies without the white chocolate drizzle for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, let the cookies thaw before adding the drizzle.
- Don’t over mix the cookie dough when you add the dry ingredients. Stop mixing once there is no dry flour, over mixing can lead to dense and tough cookies.
Super easy to make with basic baking ingredients, these cookies are a must bake this holiday season!
Can I use regular melted butter instead of browned butter?
Although you can use regular melted butter, browned butter is so good in these! It has a rich and nutty flavor and is totally worth the extra couple of minutes!
Can I use quick oats instead of old-fashioned oats?
Old fashioned oats are best to use in this recipe as they have a nice chewy texture. You can use quick oats but they will be softer. Avoid steel cut oats which will be too tough to eat.
What size cookie scoop can I use?
Each cookie is made with 1/4 cup of batter, or 4 tablespoons.
More Easy Cookie Recipes We Love
- Chocolate Butter Cookies
- Ginger Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Christmas cowboy cookies are so perfectly festive! This recipe makes a big batch so they are perfect for holiday parties and cookie exchanges. This is one tasty recipe that even the novice bakers will master!
More Christmas Dessert Recipes to Try:
- Peppermint Mudslide
- Christmas Crack (Cracker Toffee)
- Gingerbread Pudding Cake
- Chocolate Pots de Creme
- Mini Pavlovas
- Velvet Chocolate Cake
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!