Make the most special Valentine’s Day Dinner right at home with these easy recipes and ideas! You don’t have to fight for a reservation to have a beautiful, indulgent meal this year. You can enjoy a romantic dinner right at home with your Valentine. Whether you prefer restaurant-level steak, seafood, creamy pasta and chicken, or a quick and easy recipe, these Valentine’s Dinner Ideas will impress.
Cook Valentine’s Dinner at Home
Skip the crowded restaurants and forget about last-minute dinner reservations this Valentine’s Day. Instead, you can make the best Valentine’s dinner right at home!
Have a romantic night in with your favorite restaurant-style meals. Make tender steaks, chicken recipes with creamy sauces, the most amazing pasta dishes, delicious seafood recipes, and classic gourmet-level dinners. These Valentine’s Day dinner ideas are all easy to make too, so you can impress without the stress.
Whether you’re planning to do the cooking, or want to hint at a few recipes for someone else to cook for you, any of these delicious meals will hit the spot!
Romantic Dinner Ideas for Valentines
These recipes will wow whoever you’re cooking for, and make date night at home more special than ever.
- Tuscan Chicken: Tuscan chicken is cooked in a Parmesan cream sauce with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes for a classic Italian dish you can make at home.
- Penne alla Vodka: This pasta in a tomato vodka sauce makes an easy Valentine’s Day dinner idea. So easy and so tasty!
- Crockpot 40 Clove Garlic Chicken: Chicken is cooked with broth, herbs, and lots of garlic. This Crockpot recipe is easy to set and go.
- Lemon Asparagus Pasta: This recipe is so simple, but the buttery lemon sauce and asparagus dresses up pasta to make a nice meal.
- Chicken Marsala: Chicken is cooked up with pancetta and tons of mushrooms in a delicious, savory marsala wine sauce. It’s beautiful enough to be served at a restaurant, but easy enough to make at home.
- Air Fryer Beef Tenderloin: Beef tenderloin is seasoned with garlic and herbs, and cooked in an Air Fryer for an easy meal.
Valentine’s Day Meals for Two
These Valentine’s dinner recipes are perfect for two people, and easy to make too.
- Greek Chicken and Cauliflower: This sheet pan recipe makes just enough for two people. Yogurt-marinated chicken and well-seasoned cauliflower are cooked side by side for ease.
- Seared Scallops: Delicate scallops are pan-seared in butter for a delicious and romantic dinner. Serve over a bed of pasta or rice.
- Grilled Ribeye: Marinated steaks are cooked simply but perfectly on the grill for a tender main dish. It’s the best Valentine’s dinner recipe if you want something that’s sure to satisfy.
- Sheet Pan Lemon Salmon: Quick, easy, healthy, and delicious, this recipe couldn’t be more perfect. Salmon and asparagus are coated in a zesty lemon garlic butter.
- Beef and Broccoli: Tender strips of beef and florets of broccoli are cooked with brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce and more for a super tasty sauce. It’s a really easy meal to make last-minute!
- Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin and Potatoes: Delicious roasted pork and potatoes are cooked in one pan for a special yet simple dinner.
Seafood Dinner at Home
Something about a nice seafood dinner just screams romance! And you can have that beautiful dinner of shrimp, salmon, lobster, or scallops right at home.
- Lobster Tails: Succulent lobster tails slathered in garlic butter will have you thinking you’re at a fancy seafood restaurant. Choose from 3 different ways to make this recipe for a surprisingly quick dinner.
- Seared Ahi Tuna: Thick tuna steaks are covered with Dijon and sesame seeds, then seared to perfection. Serve with asparagus, a salad, and potatoes!
- Orange Glazed Salmon: Salmon filets are coated in a zesty orange glaze and pan-seared for a quick and tasty seafood recipe.
- Creamy Parmesan Shrimp: Shrimp is cooked up in a creamy cheese sauce, perfect to serve over a bed of spaghetti. Try your hand at homemade pasta for an extra special meal.
- Salmon Piccata: Crispy salmon is cooked in a creamy white wine lemon sauce for an easy dish.
- Caprese Stuffed Salmon: This salmon is stuffed fulled of mozzarella and tomatoes, then covered in balsamic and baked in the oven. It’s a beautiful Valentine’s dinner idea!
Easy Valentine’s Dinner Recipes
These ideas are all quick and easy to make, so you can have a special dinner even if you don’t have much time to cook.
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo: This is such a quick and easy way to make creamy fettuccine alfredo with juicy chicken. No need to plan ahead with this recipe!
- Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes: Cook up tender bites of steak with herb-y potatoes in one pan, in less than 30 minutes. This goes great with a glass of red wine!
- Cacio e Pepe: This creamy, cheesy pasta is simple yet undeniably flavorful. It’s cozy, filling, and perfect for Valentine’s Day at home.
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken: Chicken breasts are covered in a cheesy Parmesan-filled breadcrumb coating, and baked in about 20 minutes. It’s simple yet delicious! Serve with mashed potatoes or sauteed vegetables.
- Smothered Pork Chops: Pork chops are cooked in a super creamy and tasty sauce for a mouth-watering dinner idea!
- Easy Chicken Marinara: You only need 5 ingredients to make this crispy, cheesy baked chicken, served with spaghetti.
Special Valentine’s Day Dinner Ideas
You don’t have to deal with the hassle of a crowded restaurant on Valentine’s Day to get a gourmet, restaurant-level meal!
- Surf and Turf: This is the most special Valentine’s Day dinner you’ll ever make at home. Buttery lobster and tender filet mignon on the same plate can’t be beat.
- Coq au Vin: Juicy chicken is cooked in a flavor-packed red wine sauce, with mushrooms, garlic, carrots, and more, all in one pot.
- Restaurant-style Steak: This incredible filet mignon is served with cilantro steak butter for a dinner that tastes like it came straight from the steakhouse.
- Crockpot Whole Chicken: Make this herb-y, savory chicken in a slow cooker for an easy meal that looks impressive!
- Beef Bourguignon: This rich and tasty stewed beef is cooked in a red wine sauce along with carrots, bacon, and more. It’s a cozy dinner perfect for date night.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu: This classic dish is an easy Valentine’s dinner recipe that’s sure to please. Chicken breast is filled with cheese and ham, coated in breadcrumbs, and baked to juicy perfection.
All of these Valentine’s Day dinner ideas will impress your loved one, and of course you’ll absolutely love them too. Delicious, indulgent, and gourmet–who needs a restaurant when you can make all of this at home!
More Recipes to Try
Get more Valentine’s dinner ideas below, and don’t forget to finish with dessert! If you’re looking for the best wine to serve with dinner, check our guide for pairing suggestions.